Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WOW! Anybody watch "Wild and Raw" >

WOW! Anybody watch "Wild and Raw"

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WOW! Anybody watch "Wild and Raw"

Old 09-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WOW! Anybody watch "Wild and Raw"

This is another "great" show on the Outdoor Channel. I love most shows on the outdoor channel, and I know every one has heard complaints about every show, BUT COME ON! First of all, it is called "Wild and Raw", all they were doing was hunting in a giant cage, and it defiantly wasn't "raw", as it was super guided! I just don't know how you can create a hunting show titeled "Wild and Raw," when you are shooting at a caged animal? The guide pretty much did everything short of shooting the rifle. Which the "hunter," who was just wearing office clothes, missed his tamed blackbuck anyways. And when he missed the guide/pet owner told him "That's why it called hunting, we will just go over the hill and find a different one." I thought it was funny that he referred to this as hunting. In my book, that is not hunting, it is just killing. PEACE!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

i watched it to. didn't look like hunting to me. the star of this show is marcus contrell (don't know if thats spelled right) he is a navy seal that was the only one in his squad to live after being attacked in afganistan. the way they do this show doesn't do his image much good.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutly terrible show I watched half a show and couldn't stand another minute, they should get together with Warren, they could hunt the same pen
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw this the other day. I thought it was pretty good. It's pretty crappy what happened to the SEAL. Then he comes home and some morons kill his dog and threaten to kill him for getting mad about it.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't seen this one yet. My cable subscription includes Versus, but, I still need to add The Outdoor Channel. I have shot sporting clays with Scott Robertson, one of the hosts, a good number of years ago, about the time he started winning national championships... Man, that guy knows how to use a shotgun...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

I usually avoid the " I hate such and such hunting show" but I haven't heard a single good thing said about this show yet haha. I have only caught bits and pieces of a couple shows and I didn't really care for it much either. The one guy is supposed to be a sniper but he missed both of the shots I've seen him take, and not particularly tough ones either.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody with dish network notice channel 230 ICTV? Its mostly infomercials, but they have blocks of some pretty cool hunting shows mixed in there.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen the show. It's just typical hunting show crap, but Marcus Luttrell is the real deal. Those idiot punks who shot his dog obviously picked the wrong target.