Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to wear? Ultra noob here

Old 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

Just make sure you've got blaze orange. Movement is more of a killer than camo. Don't believe the knuckleheads on the Saturday morning hunting shows. Fred Bear used to hunt in khakis and a flannel shirt. WITH A BOW!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Spike

definitely have to agree with the appropriate layering. when i was younger i thought the more clothes i wore the warmer i would be but it really depends on what youre wearing. and like everyone said...it depends on what kind of hunting you're doing. if you're sitting all day then i would wear an extra layer but if you're going to be moving around a lot then keep it light. dad always taught me it's easier to take layers off then to put more layers on. either way good luck and have fun.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

boots are the most important, if its cold and wet and your feet get cold and wet your done, and something to keep you head and ears warm. Most heat escapes through your head. Gloves are a must as well, clothing just layer up or down. A back pack is good to keep stuff in, water bottles, snacks, binoculars etc.