Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bout shooting a doe

Old 09-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
If the fawns are the color of the doe,even with spots-shoot.If they're reddish in color then they're still nursing.
You had better check your regs. In many states, including LA., it is illegal to kill a spotted fawn. If there is still one spot, it's illegal.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by appleater25
Well you guys helped aid the decision I had to make tonight. Two fawns and Ma.....they all still walk. I didn't have the guts!
It's not that you didn't have the guts. It's because you had a heart. I won't shoot a doe with fawns either.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

I personally would not shoot a doe with youngins. But if you need meat that bad, go for it. May as well kill them all while your at it. That way your really thinning the herd out.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Spike

i would leave that and keep looking for another
Old 09-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
You had better check your regs. In many states, including LA., it is illegal to kill a spotted fawn. If there is still one spot, it's illegal.
I was talking about shooting the doe,not the fawns.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
I was talking about shooting the doe,not the fawns.
Duh, I should have known that. Afterall, the thread was about shooting a doe with fawns. My mistake.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

A spotted fawn in Oct/Nov in my area is as good as dead come winter. The fact that a deer has a fawn or fawns late enough to still be spotted com FALL - tells me there are too many deer and doe especially. Most often - the fawns with a doe come hunting season, are not spotted and are fully capable of fending for themselves.

I'd never let the presence of fawns - spotted or not - influence my decision on taking a doe in hunting season.

FH
Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone has their thoughts on this. I personally wouldn't shoot a fawn with a doe. Then on the other hand I won't hold anything against anyone that pulls the trigger.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sjsfire
Everyone has their thoughts on this. I personally wouldn't shoot a fawn with a doe. Then on the other hand I won't hold anything against anyone that pulls the trigger.

Sorry I should have said a doe with a fawn.........