Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Tree stands stolen off of your  private property >

Tree stands stolen off of your private property

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree stands stolen off of your private property

Old 09-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a s tand stolen yet.. I'm fortunate... even though the farm I hunt is surrounded by good folks.. I know one day.. sooner or later im going to head to my spot.. and find that its gone.. I hate thieves.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I don't hunt my private property nor hang stands on them...

and this thread isn't addressed to hunters who have had their treestands stolen, regardless of where they were hung, I can't comment.

iSnipe
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

weve been fortunate enough to not have any stands stolen. of course we dont put out stands where they are easily spotted.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default To Newbies

Poachers steal; that is why they get called poachers.

Poachers can be good woodsman, in shape, and know your land as good as you do. Don't underestimate them.

The recession has been going on for more than two years; some people are more motivated for other people's property.

Remember, every missing tree stand you had stolen from the woods, was a tree stand the poacher was in shape to carry out of the woods; and you weren't.

Last edited by Valentine; 09-05-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

I've haven't been in the woods yet and don't even own a tree stand but I wanted to say that I feel for all of you who have had something hunting related stolen, whether it's a stand or a camera ext...

The only story this reminds me of is a guy I once met while working for another who had a tree stand and a camera in my neighborhood come up stolen. I felt bad for the guy but I have to question, atleast myself if not him, why someone would leave a tree stand in the woods considering it's public grounds? I don't want to come off as YOU DESERVED IT with my question, that's not my intentions of asking but why not take your stand home with you at the end of a hunt if it's portable/possible? I'm just curiously wondering and maybe hoping that I can learn something so it doesn't happen to me when I start to hunt with a tree stand.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ben lucky, we leave our stands in year round and so far so good. We thought that our deer cart walked off, but found out the land owner moved it into another building. He didn't know it was ours and said it was to good to throw away. I was rather upset before I found out that it wasn't stolen...
Old 09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a ladder stand stolen,I chain them now.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

I'll just say this. I believe there is no lower form of human garbage on God's green earth than a thief.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr.Flintlock
I'll just say this. I believe there is no lower form of human garbage on God's green earth than a thief.

While I agree with you sentiment, I do rank them a little higher then child molesters.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
I haven't had any taken but ive gained a few. We always seem to find a couple every year in one of our woods. Had the conservation officer called one year to settle a dispute because two guys from out of state were on our ground and we took there stands and they called the Conservation officer and he laughed and said if he writes anyone a ticket it would be them for trespassing. We were nice enough to give one of three stands back and they learned a lesson.
ive had a couple of stands, cameras and feeders donated to me the same way. i cant stand trespassers. we put up signs trying to be nice and let them get their stuff off, then one of our cameras came up missing so our local game warden said if we wanted the stuff it was on our property therefore we could have it. about 1000 worth. of stuff total

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.