Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Drury Question

Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default A Drury Question

Hey all, We, my husband and I, used to enjoy watching the Drury Dvd's, but in the past few years, with all their flip flopping of bows and treestands, and always hawking their products as the only ones that work, we are sick to death of them. As a matter of fact, most of the hunting shows are a big disappointment. We hunt for the thrill of it, and these people all seem to hunt for the BIG boys. Not all of us can grow them that big. We are still waiting for a reality show from New York, it's a running joke with my husband and I - come on out to this part of the country and scout here and then bag one of those gigantors, yeah right!
Anyway, my question is, do the guys and girls on the Dream Season shows get compensated in any way? or do they just leave their families at home to fend for themselves while they are off trying to win on this ridiculous show??
Old 09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Spike

I'm really not sure but I would think that they get paid. Sort of like sponsors, they go for the highest bid.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

You can bet on it!
That's why all the best equip,and all the "plugs" about the equip!
They get paid big $
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Drury Brothers =

Can't friggin stand those two. They absolutely disgust me.

Drury Brothers, Lee and Tiffany, Primos team, Chuck Adams, etc... etc... etc... most of the celebrity "hunters" are nothing more than product whores.

The bad thing is that I really want to get my daughter a Bow madness XS for Christmas this year but hate the fact that their name is on the bow.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always wondered if they reallized how silly they looked hawking different products every year and proclaiming them the best out there. However then I figure... as much as they are getting paid and the fact that they get to hunt for a living.. they dont even care.They already sold out any integrity they had left years ago.....
Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that all these shows are nothing more then infomericals for the products they sponser. Have them come to a small state like New Jersey on public land and lets see how good they are. Put anyone of us on the lands they hunt and we can score just like they do, and also we don't have the time like they do, we all have real jobs or some of us maybe out of work.

Good luck to you all and be safe
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Have them come to a small state like New Jersey on public land and lets see how good they are. Put anyone of us on the lands they hunt and we can score just like they do.
That is exactly what my husband says EVERY time we happen across one of their shows. But I was the one saying the people, other than the 2 Drury Dopes, get paid. He was arguing that they don't get anything. So you have answered my question and I appreciate the time. I hate them too, and I think it is a shame what they have done to the hunting world on a whole. I don't understand how 2 grown men can think that us regular people out here are as stupid as they would like to think, and that we would believe that all of a sudden, after how many years, PSE is the fastest, most accurate, most forgiviing, blah, blah, blah bow out there. Come on you guys. When is enough money going to be enough?!? They must be multi-millionaires by now. If they were any kind of hunters, they would have their favorite bows and such, and never even think of switching to the highest bidder, and it is SO obvious and evident to the viewers, most anyway, that that's all they do. They shoot the bow that pays them the most. BUT..... maybe Hoyt told them to take a walk. I would prefer to think that that is what happened.
But it really doesn't matter, they are all money mongers, NOT hunters. I don't give a flying hoot what's on their walls. Everyone of us would be capable of having a trophy wall like the one they constantly show in Lee and Tiffany's house - gag me with that show! - if we had their land, money and time. Well, enough ranting and raving, we just refuse to watch any of them anymore, and I hope they lose most of their viewers, but I fear there are still some who think all these guys and gals walk on water, so they will always have their DUMB shows. One more thing, I did see a show last week of the Drury's that they had listed as "NEW", and they had footage from 2 or 3 years ago - how lame!

Last edited by johnandmare; 09-02-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Adding on
Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by johnandmare
That is exactly what my husband says EVERY time we happen across one of their shows. But I was the one saying the people, other than the 2 Drury Dopes, get paid. He was arguing that they don't get anything. So you have answered my question and I appreciate the time. I hate them too, and I think it is a shame what they have done to the hunting world on a whole. I don't understand how 2 grown men can think that us regular people out here are as stupid as they would like to think, and that we would believe that all of a sudden, after how many years, PSE is the fastest, most accurate, most forgiviing, blah, blah, blah bow out there. Come on you guys. When is enough money going to be enough?!? They must be multi-millionaires by now. If they were any kind of hunters, they would have their favorite bows and such, and never even think of switching to the highest bidder, and it is SO obvious and evident to the viewers, most anyway, that that's all they do. They shoot the bow that pays them the most. BUT..... maybe Hoyt told them to take a walk. I would prefer to think that that is what happened.
But it really doesn't matter, they are all money mongers, NOT hunters. I don't give a flying hoot what's on their walls. Everyone of us would be capable of having a trophy wall like the one they constantly show in Lee and Tiffany's house - gag me with that show! - if we had their land, money and time. Well, enough ranting and raving, we just refuse to watch any of them anymore, and I hope they lose most of their viewers, but I fear there are still some who think all these guys and gals walk on water, so they will always have their DUMB shows. One more thing, I did see a show last week of the Drury's that they had listed as "NEW", and they had footage from 2 or 3 years ago - how lame!
Sounds to me like you are jealous of the life they live to me. They didnt always live this way-they busted their asses and became successfull. If its so easy as you claim, start your own hunting video line and products. Too kill someone for being a business person is not fare. They provide for their families as you and i do. why dont you take a peek at all the money they donate to charities such as their own charity, catch a dream. You are way off base in your comments. Do i get sick of the product plugs from different companies that sponsor them year to year- of course i do. You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes!!! Labeling people that provide hunting oppurtunitys to handicapped kids and others less fortunate as bad people or that they are somehow doing something wrong is moronic.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Drury brothers had alot of money before their hunting shows, I think both are big time builders in Iowa. I like the fact they hunt free ranging deer, they are good hunters, but once more give any of us the land, the time and of course the money and we all can kill huge deer. Now take them or any of these so-called pros out of there element and place them on public land ( I say my home state of NJ) where there are many people hunting and not many big bucks and lets see if they can score on any deer. It must be nice to have someone do most of the pre-scouting, and hang stands for you, all you have to do is get in the stand and whack a deer.

Hunting has become big business, it's all about the "$$$$$" nothing more, but to think that the average Joe hunter can do what they do is a myth, cause like I have said, most of us don't have the time, money or the land like they do.

The best bow, gun, treestand, etc. out there is what you like for yourself...period
Old 09-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Sounds to me like you are jealous of the life they live to me. They didnt always live this way-they busted their asses and became successfull. If its so easy as you claim, start your own hunting video line and products. Too kill someone for being a business person is not fare. They provide for their families as you and i do. why dont you take a peek at all the money they donate to charities such as their own charity, catch a dream. You are way off base in your comments. Do i get sick of the product plugs from different companies that sponsor them year to year- of course i do. You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes!!! Labeling people that provide hunting oppurtunitys to handicapped kids and others less fortunate as bad people or that they are somehow doing something wrong is moronic.
I am not a moron, as you eluded to in your post. Check your spelling too before you name-call. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I used to ENJOY watching the Drury DVDs, but lately they are getting to be a little much. They rave about HOYT and then switch to PSE??? I'm sorry, but I question that as big business, not talented hunting. Please do not tell me Lee and Tiffany BUSTED their rumps to get where they are. Give me a break, they aren't old enough to have busted anything. I am not jealous of them either. I am perfectly happy to go and scout and hang stands and cut shooting lanes and sit for hours because that's where all the enjoyment in hunting is. It isn't just popping into a stand somebody else scouted and hung for you, where's the fun in that? The Drury's used to be fun to watch, but as soon as they started having Dream Season and irresponsible hunters shooting bucks they were told specifically NOT to shoot, and more than once, they lost my respect. Granted it wasn't them, but they were responsible for those contestants and they never even addressed it on the DVD when they got kicked off the land they were hunting by the biologist. A regular to their show is John Frank, and if he isn't the biggest moron on television, I don't know who is. He says things and does things that are an embarassment to hunters. Why would you want him representing your name?
I am not "way off base" with my comments. They are my opinions and nothing more. While we are at it, tell me how many times they credit the Thompson kid for introducing them to Catch a Dream. It was all his idea, and the Drury's got it from him. I applaud them for taking less fortunate and sick children on hunts, but they have ridiculous fund raisers sometimes to do it. I watched the one season where Rick and Julie were having their fund raiser and they best they could do was "Rattling for Bucks". Give me a break, those two could just have donated cash or a hunt and it would have amounted to a whole lot more money. It shouldn't be a contest to see who can raise the most money, they should do it because they want to, like Thompson did. Instead they are rewarded with hunts for being the "winners". Where's the charity in that?
I will just turn the channel from now on and let others that enjoy them watch. That would be you. That's the beauty of America, you are free to change the channel - so far, anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.