Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Huge urban deer in Iowa.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

No matter what he scores, he is a monster. I heard that Iowa City does a good job at getting seasons and land open around the city and really try to let hunters take the deer rather than sharp shooters. I'd look into Des Moines hunting, you would be surprised at the small pockets of land they let people hunt on to control the deer population.

Buckmark, I hear you on the big deer around here. I see a few B&C bucks ever year at the forest preserves. It sucks and if I listen carefully when I drive by them I can hear thos bucks laughing at me!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

185 ish.....
Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

I got low 190s gross but giving 28 inches for G3s and 40 inches mass just seems rediculous. AWSOME BUCK!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by fastetti
No matter what he scores, he is a monster. I heard that Iowa City does a good job at getting seasons and land open around the city and really try to let hunters take the deer rather than sharp shooters. I'd look into Des Moines hunting, you would be surprised at the small pockets of land they let people hunt on to control the deer population.

Buckmark, I hear you on the big deer around here. I see a few B&C bucks ever year at the forest preserves. It sucks and if I listen carefully when I drive by them I can hear thos bucks laughing at me!!!
There are plenty of places in Des Moines and the suburbs that allow hunting but they have lots of restrictions. Like being over so many feet from houses,roads and bike paths. Also you can only hunt out of a tree stand and you have to use a compound bow and take no shots over 20 yards. But most of the places are doe only hunting with the possibility of a buck tag depending on how many does you kill. But where this deer is it's bike paths and houses all around so he should be safe. Unless some sneaky poacher gets at him because he is big enough that he has to worry even in the city.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't let Steve Gruber see this thread he will be hunting it...... Great buck though, he doesn't look like he has hit his peak yet