Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
non-hypothetical question (scenerio) >

non-hypothetical question (scenerio)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

non-hypothetical question (scenerio)

Old 08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
This is a good illustration of the need for communication among neighborhing landowners. Things like shooting across property lines, right of retrieval, etc. should be settled before the season even starts.
Lanse, before this incident occured, the man's older son and I did communicate. We agreed not to shoot across the line, but if a deer that was shot crossed the line, it could be retrieved without asking. The other son is the one who allowed his young son to shoot the doe on my property. The landowner and his older son were not too happy at all with what happened. I never saw him hunt the property again after that happened. I guess the father made his point clear. I don't have to deal with him anymore. He moved to Ark. several years ago and doesn't hunt his fathers property anymore. The landowner and I have mutual respect for each others property and we get along great with each other. I didn't want to disrespect him by shooting across the fence.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Superstrutter, feel good about yourself! Charactor. Some have it, some don't. You have it!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by valor10
After reading your comments in the other thread, what would you care about permission in the first place? You'd shoot across the property line at a deer and think nothing of it, whether you had permission or not. That's what poachers do, right? Where I'm from, a man's word, is a man's word. I didn't know there was a "stature of limitations" on that.
God you got blinders on. I said in the I the hypothetical situation I would. Never saw a rule or reg that said thought crime made you guilty of poaching (only in Orwell's 1984). But in my posts I also said I don't put stands in positions that make that situation come up. I do have a stand on property line this year. The property on the east I had permission 4 years back, but the owner ha moved to Florida and I have no way of contacting him. But you have said it is okay to shoot on the east side of my setup since I had permission several years back
Old 08-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole after the last thread. Have at it.