Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Calls???

Old 01-24-2002, 11:03 AM

Default Deer Calls???

Does anyone have advice on a good deer call? They all basically have the capability to make about 5-6 different calls but some just look cheap. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:19 AM

Default RE: Deer Calls???

I have a TRUETALKER and love it, but just like any call, it takes some practice to get your finger placement on the reed right.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can tell you the true talker works, as to whether or not it is the best I don't know, but the price was right and it works.

The Tazman
Old 01-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

I LIKE THE HANDS FREE CALLS FROM CABELLAS
Old 01-24-2002, 12:16 PM

M.A.D. Snort Grunt Wheeze. It is the best call I have ever bought and I have probablly purchased over 20.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-24-2002, 12:56 PM

I believe I'll have to agree with Buck_Magnet on this one. I recently purchase the M.A.D. Calls Snort and Wheeze and it sounds more relistic than the others I've purchased have tried the True Talker yet.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:25 PM

I've had best luck with Buck Expert out of Quebec,Canada. www.buckexpert.com They may calls for just about every game animal.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:21 PM

The Primo's can calls got a lot of mention here last season, but I couldn't find them in the store. I need a call that makes it hard to screw up. I think that's what I'd like in the can calls. I've used grunt calls before to stop a moving deer, but I've never called one into my pasture.

Edited by - GoTres on 01/24/2002 21:23:59
Old 01-24-2002, 08:38 PM

GoTres, you might want to look on Cabelas website for the Primos calls. I would suggest their can call for your doe bleat, but seriously, for a buck call, GO WITH THE M.A.D. Snort Grunt Wheeze, it is amazing, you can do a rutting grunt, which is just clicking, you can do a normal grunt, and it teaches you the snort wheeze that makes dominant deer FURIOUS, it also has a cassette that teaches you these calls. It is AWSOME. It brought in several big bucks for me this year. One came from over 200 yards to the call, he was snorting, grunting, shaking his head, stomping his feet, thrashing his antlers in brush, HE WAS TICKED. Try it, its great.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-24-2002, 10:21 PM

Buck Magnet, you REALLY seem to like the MAD. can you tell me a little about how it works and the pricetag?

Quick Reply: Deer Calls???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.