Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does!!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Spike

Default Does!!

hey guys, can u give me some tips on how to attract does, in early archery, my season starts on Sept. 5th, and i can only shoot antlerless, i am wanting to get some meat, thanks!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunt close to white oaks, grapes or persimmons...
Old 08-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Find the food source in your area. set up either on it, or on trails leading to it. be there in the morning. be there in the evening. be there in the afternoon. be there everytime the sun is up, and you'll see deer. Early season it is best to hunt food sources, the deer are fattening up for winter.
Good luck!
-Jake
Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

If I use a lure at that time it's usually a food scented one, vanilla or persimmon. You can find a great selection of essential oils for reasonable prices here: http://www.huntmdown.com/HUNTMDOWN.html

Another lure that works well is Deer Dander™, especially when combined with a pair of young doe decoys. I shot a huge doe last year over a pair of 2-D dekes that way. I pinned some brown and white strips of cloth to their butts so that they would twitch in the wind, and sprayed them down with DD. When she came in to assert herself to the two "strangers" she got a hell of a surprise.