Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Home made movie

Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Spike

Default Home made movie

How many hunters out there would pay a low price to have another hunter come with them on several hunts and video their experiences with them in the out doors? These videos would then be turned into a hunting video and given to the hunter. Therefore the hunter will have a neat, entertaining video to go along with the story of the hunt. Think about this... How many times has a hunter told you a story of a monster buck he saw hunitng but couldn't get a shot, or of the three toms that beards were dragging the ground that just would'nt come close enough. Let me guess.. You didnt beleive the whole story. Well other hunters probably feel the same way about yours. Face it... Hunters exagerate alot. Now you can have your video proof and a memoriable experience on video to past down generations. I just would like some feed back on hunters thoughts on this idea
Old 08-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say I'd pass. Not big on the idea of having someone else with me on the hunt, especially someone I wasn't really familiar with. Cost of hunting is already enough for me. Don't need to add cost, especially for something that's not really necessary.

And I tend to downplay my hunts during stories anyway. I'm not much of a bragger. And I don't really care if people believe me or not.

Add to all this the fact that you can buy a camera and attach to either your person or your weapon, and I think your idea might die on the vine. Sorry.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

My wife is much better looking than you I am sure and if I am going to take anyone else in a blind with me at my secret spot it will be her. I don't trust anyone else enough to show them my spot. And like elgallo said I can use a camera arm or a tripod and film my own hunt.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I would actually like it...I mean to get my best friend come with me and film a hunt would be pretty awsome... just think if you did kill something, it will be a video of you killing that buck of a lifetime or just a little buck, to me it would be awsome!!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Most of my hunts are not so exciting. So I would be paying you to come out and film a bunch of does and me missing small bucks. Just curious though, what would that cost? I dont think any of my stand locations would have room or a nearby tree for a camera guy.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Spike

I like the thought of having my hunt on video. I would love to go back later and relive the excitement, and all! I have tried to film my own hunts, not a whole lot of success tho
Old 08-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't pay for it. I have enough buddies that would be willing to video for me and have some in the past.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I have been doing this for about 3 years, you are better off catering to hunters that go on high end hunts such as Elk or Moose, the average guy doesn't want to pay what you would need to make just to have a video of his whitetail or turkey hunts around home................And i don't blame them, I wouldn't pay $250/day to have someone video tape my hunts around home (if I didn't use the footage for my show), but I would be willing to pay an experienced freelancer that price or more to capture an Elk hunt or something out of the ordinary that I don't do on a yearly basis.
Outfitters are your best connection, they have clients that want thier hunts videoed all the time and they usually aren't shy about paying.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Spike

Thanks all for the input. It wouldnt cost but about $25 dollars a day plus the dvd. There are plenty of ways to use the same tree if you have to. You dont always have to have two different trees. We could work it out!