HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How many deer have you killed? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/300599-how-many-deer-have-you-killed.html)

olsplittoe 08-17-2009 04:08 AM

4-5 hogs best has 5" tusk
1- muflan ram full curl
1- daul sheep full curl
3- gators best 11.5'
1- yote 70 lbs
100s ducks and geese
1000s of Dove
10s of rabbits and tree rats
50+ deer best is an 11pt from TX

And ready for this season, pass the gut bucket!!!

Muliefever 08-17-2009 04:28 AM

12 deer, 3 species....

marshall9779 08-17-2009 04:40 AM

1) I have been deer hunting since the fall of 2000. I have killed 7 deer.

2) One might have taken longer than 30 minutes, but I have had to shoot 4 twice. 2 with the rifle were DRT. 3 with bow were spine shots, dropped on the spot but all 3 I had to climb out of the stand to put the finishing shot on them. The last I pulled a shot on a deer running right at me and gut shot. Backed of a few minutes and tracked and put the finishing shot on.

3) Have not lost a deer yet.

mconwa951 08-17-2009 08:07 AM

alot of deer
two probably took more than 30 mins
Those are the same two I never found my first two years of hunting back when I was 12. I love my family to death but they were not the greatest hunting mentors I do things much different now and have 10 times the success all of the deer in the last several years have been either heart or lung hits with my bow I dont' gun hunt much anymore.

Father Forkhorn 08-17-2009 12:13 PM

I've taken two deer, both of which expired within thirty minutes (at least, that's how long I waited to track).

One deer not recovered--My shot broke a leg or shoulder and the deer went for a couple of miles before the blood trail disappeared. It presumably expired at some point.

One last deer was doomed by an Oldsmobile. It expired quickly. So did the Oldsmobile.:(

IndyHunter83 08-22-2009 05:01 AM

60 or so deer with a wide variety of guns. Personal favorite would have to muzzleloader or bow. I've only had about 4 four that ran more than 20 yards on me. I'm pretty conservative on choosing my shots. I think I had one that I didn't find until the next morning and I can't remember a deer that I shot and didn't find.

curth83 08-22-2009 02:01 PM

1) Killed 7 deer. 4 with rifle, 2 with bow, and 1 with shotgun.

2) Can only think of 1 that had to be put out, shot went high and hit the spine.

3) Had my first bad experience this year, wounded a nice buck but didn't wait long enough to track him. Ended up pushing him into a swamp to never be seen again. Not a proud moment but I did learn from it.

tyleryeags 08-22-2009 02:57 PM

i have shot 3 deer with rifle and all of them never took more than 3 steps

GRIZZLYMAN 08-22-2009 06:55 PM

I've deer hunted for thirty-six years, quit tallying deer that I've killed when I got to fifty-five (deer not age), failed to recover one deer when I was sixteen, and never had one jump up on me when it was down. I have had them run out of my sight before and expire, but that was usually when I was bowhunting.

I did have one thrash around for 30 minutes after I had put her down on the ground. I finally got down and slit her throat. I told her I was sorry that she suffered that long.

09_bobcat 08-22-2009 07:29 PM

prolly 60 or 70, im 23 and last year i did a TTP on a ranch in south texas. killed a lot with a bolt gun for management. kind of a shame. but the meat went to lower income families of Eagle Pass. Between 3 of us we killed over 180 in 2 days. it was work. but fun work when the guy next to you is racing for fast time in gutting, got to under a minute. lol

killed too many hogs to count

several exotics

5-6 coyotes

never lost a wounded, they always died and were found

had one clean miss (bad angle as i like to say) ha