HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   How many deer have you killed? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/300599-how-many-deer-have-you-killed.html)

DeerandbearhoG 08-15-2009 10:27 AM

How many deer have you killed?

I got to thinking the other day, about how many big game animals Ive killed, and how many died within sight, or within a few minutes. How many went far, and even need to be finished off when found, and how many were never recovered.

I know some will perceive this to be fodder for the antis, but Im curious, so heres my question:

1) How many deer, bear ,hogs, elk etc. have you killed total?

2) How many probably took longer than 30 minutes to expire ,or had to be shot again when found?

3) How many were probably mortally wounded, but never recovered?

Mine-

I estimate Ive made around 45 kills on mostly whitetails, a handful of hogs, and 1 black bear.

5 took longer than 30 minutes to expire, and a few had to be shot again when found.

3 probably died at some point, but were never recovered.

I figure I have only an 80% DRT record, and 94% recovery record and I am dedicated to improving it every year.

brushbustin 08-15-2009 12:54 PM

1) I've taken 10 deers,I've been hunting for 6years.

2) None took more than 10 mins to expire.My longest was my first bow kill.Probably took 20mins,bad shot,but I backed off and watched from a distance.All others have ran 30 yds or less and expired.

3) None,i've found all deers I have shot.Knock on wood!! LOL

crokit 08-15-2009 12:57 PM

No idea.:confused0024:

BUCKMARK 08-15-2009 01:28 PM

Still able to count them up. 7 recovered, 1 I hit in the shoulder with a bow and she lived to see another day day and I lost one to the yotes, Except the one that got away all where good clean hits (both bow and gun) including the one the yotes got. She was able to jump the fence into the other property, it was late, returned the next day got permission to go onto the property and there she was just 30 yards over the fence, almost all but gone...

mossberghunter93 08-15-2009 01:32 PM

1) 3 deer in 4 yrs of hunting

2) i guess probly 0

3) i have missed 3 but they were clean misses

Teach Deer 08-15-2009 01:45 PM

1. 25 deer, 1 coyote
2. 1 took a while to die, I jumped it while looking for it and had to back off, found it (poor blood trail) about 1 hour, 15 minutes later.
3. Lost two, one with bow/arrow (broadhead failed) and one with muzzleloader (still not sure what happened there...deer fell twice within sight and left a massive blood trail...just was nowhere near-not within a 200 yard radius-of the last blood sign).

Sniggle 08-15-2009 01:46 PM

I have killed 2 deer, 1 rifle and 1 bow. The bow kill slowly bled out from an artery hit under his foreleg...I found him down but barely conscious 2 hours after letting the arrow fly. The rifle deer died in 25 seconds.

I have wounded 1 deer with a badly aimed bow shot (shoulder blade)...I will not make that mistake again as I have been slinging lots of arrows and bought myself a 3-D target to practice on.

Been hunting 1 season.

hossdaniels 08-15-2009 04:21 PM

I dunno, maybe 60-70? (been at this for nearly 20 years). Two that got away, one shot in the gut and one clean miss with a handgun at 15 yards:o.

Two coyotes last year, it was the first year I've ever seen any. Also a few foxes.

13pointjomc 08-15-2009 05:15 PM

The 08-09 was my first season to hunt (or trap) anything.I killed 2 deer,one was a button buck i killed on 11-22-08(opening day gun season).The next evening i was huntin over a food plot,right at dark,3 bucks walked out,a 6 point, 8 point and a 13 point,i dropped the 13 point in his tracks.Then on thanksgiving i killed about a 35 lb. bobcat. All of them were shot with a 243 bolt action.Everything dropped in their tracks.

FlDeerman 08-15-2009 05:46 PM

A lot,no idea.