Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Effect of heat on deer?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default Effect of heat on deer?

I recently moved my trail camera to a new spot on a set of trails that looked like they got a ton of use. After just over a week there have been ZERO pictures of deer. I checked my camera and the trigger and picture are working fine. I cannot believe that not a single deer has walked past in that long. We have had a heat wave however, with temperatures in the 80's and 90's (hot for Wisconsin). Am I in a bad spot, or are the deer simply not moving due to the heat?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer are just like everything else they find a shady spot and laydown during the hot part of the day . I often have deer in my front yard laying under the fruit trees in the shade . Turkeys are the same way .
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...er02/003-3.jpg

Last edited by halcon; 08-13-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer down here move during the day but the food sources are pretty scarce.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I'd move it. Even with the hot days, they should have been moving at night. Find some good shade and some water and might find them in the daytime.