Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Before scent elimination products >

Before scent elimination products

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Before scent elimination products

Old 08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I started out using baking soda for wash and storing in a plastic bag. Skunk for cover scent. Now I use no cover scent. I tend to agree with Jimmy S. If a deer gets in a scent stream from you to him, you are busted. The wind does funny things, so I think sometimes we think we are beating their nose when we are not.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried the scent stuff for a couple years. I could not tell the difference. Sometimes I was busted when they got downwind, sometimes I wasn't....whether I was using the stuff or not. I never wash my hunting clothes and just stay clean, am smart about the wind, and I'm every bit as successful as I need to be. I rarely put myself into a situation where I get busted. People get too into gadgets lately.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've never used scent covers, scent cover soaps, scent blocker clothing or any of that other garbage. Just hunt the wind. And I've killed somewhere around 175+- deer.