Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
ANother weather and time of year post >

ANother weather and time of year post

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ANother weather and time of year post

Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default ANother weather and time of year post

I work midnights and drive 40 miles one way to work I drive by 3 different hunting clubs on the way one of which I am a member of. Evey year I hunt bucks I see on the way to work and back home. For the past couple of years I have noticed that around the middle of July the deer just basically vanish from the highway. Once we get into the first couple of weeks of September they will start to show back up and feed again. My thoughts are they stay close to there home range due to the abundance of browse. What could be some of the reasoning behind this
Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont notice any difference here in WI. I drive 50 miles to work one way damned near right through a forest. There is a slight decline in the amount of deer in Juy to September but nothing drastic at all. I see as many deer going to work at 430am as I do coming home at 2pm. I think what maybe going on is the constant food source, mixed with the warmer temps, the deer dont like to move when its too warm unless they have to get up for water. I dont know just my thoughts...