Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My new camera

Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile My new camera

Ok fella's I finally!!Got a trail camera I set it up tested it and put some corn in front of it.How long do you all wait before checking it again?I figured I would go sateday and see if I had any pictures what do yall think?

Oh it is a Tasco it is just a $84.00 camera but heck I dont need much more plus I dont got the $$.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

I personally check mine every two weeks. During season I check it about every week since I am out hunting near my cameras.

Last edited by SparrowHawk; 07-23-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks i have heard people checken every day every week every month and sometimes every 2 months...me personally i barely have enough patiece to wait a week but I'll try to hold out 2 week's
Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

I usually put mine out about a week, cause the food is usually all gone, soo take more food, batteries, and sd card and change it all in woods so you dont miss anything!!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Atleast 2 weeks, but you get a one time gotta check it exemption period of one week per each new camera.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

WTF? its a trail camera, you dont adjust anything.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

Remnard,

You're as guilty as him, probably more.

The reason is because his reply is auto-mated, ie, SPAM auto generated, not done manually.

Key points:

His signature line message and links
His reply doesn't fit the threads he's posted in
It's verbatim from tech.yahoo answers
You replied to a SPAM-bot (LOL!)

Oh, and yes, there are adjustments. Camera may be pointed in the wrong direction and may be adjusted for left-right or height. Also, the movement sensor that triggers the pictures can reveal if nearby brush/grass is triggering the shot. This then means those things may need to be trimmed or camera adjusted.

=============================

Hunting Kuk,

I would go check in 2 days. Does frequent the same areas, well, frequently. LOL! If you don't have any pics or very few in a couple of days, that tells you it can stand to be moved somewhere else. Why wait 2 weeks to find out you have your camera in the wrong place? LOL!

Congrat's on the new camera and good luck using it.

iSnipe
Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

First time out I would check in a week, mainly to make sure I turned the dang thing on. With the chips that hold thousands of pictures now I will wait a month or so. I had a essobee steal one of my cameras last weekend, and it was in a place (locked gated, etc) that I didn't think anybody woul bother it.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I check mine every week, my corn is usually gone after 3 days anyway.