Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Drive Hunting

Old 05-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Drive Hunting

Well your stand hunting credentials certainly don' t give your opinion any merit in my opinion. I believe you have killed 1 deer from a stand with a bow. How does that qualify you to judge? You just told me how little you know about stand hunting. If you truely think that it takes as much skill for someone to say " hey grab your rifle and cover this side of the field" as it does to scout and area, prepare a stand, get into and out of that area without spooking deer, be in the same place that a deer is at the same time he is, and then get an arrow into him? Well sufice to say you sound like someone that has only killed 1 deer with a bow.
Silenassasin I will not say my feelings after reading that crap! I have killed more deer with a shotgun from a stand under 20 yards than you have probably seen, I have hunted for over 35 years, yes I have killed one deer with a bow, but I have killed more with a shotgun than you could imagine. You are talking out your arse!

One more thing. If you showed up with a pack of beagles where I grew up dog hunting, you would get laughed all the way back to Virginia.
That comment right there shows just how little you really know about hunting with dogs! Here is one for you, would you consider a bird dog a good deer dog?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I merely stated that stand/blind hunting is more challenging, especially with a bow. As far as the invitation goes, I will have to decline. I have a hunt booked in Illinois this year and one in Wyoming & one in Illinois next year. That' s about all the vacation I have.
Silent that statement tells me something, your scouting is done for you, your stands are set for you, this kind of disqualifies you and your claim to be a master scouter![] Scouting takes a little more time than jumping on a plane and flying out to meet your guide for the hunt!
Old 05-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have killed 6 that will make the book, with a bow, 2 of them going over 160
Silent I wonder how many book bucks I could have killed over the years if I hunted with guides doing my scouting and setting my stands, oh BTW my biggest buck with a shotgun, shot at 20 yards from a stand (on the ground) dressed at 175 pounds, had 8 points, with a spread of 21 3/4 inches on the inside of the beams and measuring from the top of his head to the upper most tines was 19 1/2 inches. I had no guide, there were no stands set for me by a guide, I did my own scouting and stand placement, I killed him in 1974 in Lancaster County Virginia.

Oh yea I have bow hunted 2 full seasons, and my first kill was from the ground, I did all the scouting and stand placements, I do not pay for my hunts except with the sweat of my own brow!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:41 PM

Did it last year. Wont ever do it again.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think this thread has run it' s course. Let' s move on to something else.