Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
A Little Something. 9 things wrong with hunting shows >

A Little Something. 9 things wrong with hunting shows

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Little Something. 9 things wrong with hunting shows

Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use to like to watch all the big names. but lately its been a little bit of primos. but mostly i gotta give to the guys at heartland bowhunters. top notch show. only wish i didnt have to wait to watch it online.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Oh how true this is.
(Excerpts from Deer & Deer Hunting)

3) Has the whole world thrown away their lever-action and bolt-action rifles and adopted TC single shots?
This one drives me nuts. Fresh ammo for the anti's. "Why would anyone need a bolt action, a lever action, or a repeating arm of any type to hunt with? It can obviously be done with a single shot, as that's all they ever use on TV hunting shows. Hunters obviously shouldn't object to a ban of repeating arms, since a single shot is perfectly suitable..." It's nice that they sponsor shows, and I'm certainly sympathetic to their desire to advertise their stuff, but, if you ask me, TC is shooting the RKBA in the foot...
Old 07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting show cliches I cant stand:
1-Husband and wife hunting teams.Especially when the wife looks like a dolled up, hooters girl, in camo. I dont know whats so hot about any woman in baggy camo pants and coats? If I want to look at babes, Ill watch a bikin contest on you tube.
2- Giant, Knight rifle or TC stickers on gunstock,
3- Hunting in Illinois or Iowa

When I first discovered the ODC 9 years ago, I thought I died and went to heaven. I couldnt get enough, and watched every show. Now the only ones I TIVO anymore, are the ones where people send in their home videos. Just like everything that starts off good ,eventually some maketing hawrs will try to glitz it up w/ a bunch of hollywood style BS and ruin it.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I Love watchin the shows because of the kills, but in the end when they go to find the deer, it just sucks because its all planned out... the only show i really like that isnt really like that is hunters specialties, and drury brothers!!.... to me those are the best huting dvd's on the market!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like they are all the same. Push the product, not the hunt. I haven't had satellite or cable now for 4yrs. and I honestly haven't missed it either because of all the nonsense. I would actually rather see more of the hunts that didn't pan out and have them try to explain what went wrong, so we can learn from there mistakes.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

There used to be a web site that was dedicated to hosting Hunting video's, not those pro hunters crap. It was guys like us videoing our hunts working on our video skillz.
That is the place I went to for hunts on video. Most of them were really good quality too. I can't think of its name though, sorry.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

All about the all mighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
This one drives me nuts. Fresh ammo for the anti's. "Why would anyone need a bolt action, a lever action, or a repeating arm of any type to hunt with? It can obviously be done with a single shot, as that's all they ever use on TV hunting shows. Hunters obviously shouldn't object to a ban of repeating arms, since a single shot is perfectly suitable..." It's nice that they sponsor shows, and I'm certainly sympathetic to their desire to advertise their stuff, but, if you ask me, TC is shooting the RKBA in the foot...
So you suggest that all shows now implement a Saiga-only rifle rule so as to convey an idea that you need a hi-cap repeating rifle to harvest an animal in order to convey a differnt image to anti gunner/hunters??
Old 07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

being here in korea i am missing my hunting and fishing seasons. but i do not miss the damn whispering after the shot good god just talk into the camera using your man voice.
and i hate the phrase good buck or theres a good management buck but thats not the one were after,so then dont ever preach your qdm.
i just want to see a show with only public land hunting show other hunters walking in on you show you getting busted but in no it wont happen aint no sponsors or cash in it
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

It seems to happen more and more often. I am watching a hunting show on the Outdoor Channel (for instance), and the hunter shoots an absolute pig. So much so that you think that there is no way that is a free ranging deer. Around the 200" range. So i watch the show long enough to see where they are hunting and check the outfitters website. Almost always i find that this is a high fence operation, or hunting preserve, whatever they want to call it. But they make no mention of it being high fence in the tv show.

Has it always been like this, or has there been alot more of these shows recently?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.