Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many guns do you have?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Spike

Default How many guns do you have?

I just started getting into guns in 2005 when I bought my first pistol. Since then, I've been consumed with an interest in hunting and have slowly but surely been building my hunting/personal defense arsenal. Guns aren't cheap, however, and I've spend thousands of dollars already and I only havefive guns (I had six but just soldthe first pistol I had ever purchased).

Anyway, I'm interested in arriving at an average number of firearms typically owned by people, like us, that frequent hunting forums.As itlooks from other questions Ihave posted hereand in other forums, I have about1/3 of what most respondents are claiming. This helps me with my wife!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many guns do you have?

Id rather have 6 reliable guns w/ a couple thousand rounds each, than 20 with only a couple hundred rounds each.

In other words, buy more ammo, not more guns, cause a gun without bullets is just an expensive club.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

gun without bullets is just an expensive club.
aint that the truth

The best guns (imo) are the ones that are handed down from generations of family. I have a handful of these, and they all tell a story. As far as a number, liberty I really don't know....a handful or two I guess.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Spike

Yeah, a buddy of mine is definitely in the 21+ category. We went to the range together a few months ago, and two of his guns wouldn't even fire. He just loves buying new guns and would rather have many low quality ones than a few reliable firearms that will last for years/generations.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I basically just have the essential firearms for hunting, 12ga 870 rem., 20ga Rossi(for my son), 22.cal rifle, 20ga Winchester(dove)..Here in Ohio, we can only do so much! LOL
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

I ain't got no guns,I sold mine after Obama got elected at a gun show!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

More than I actually need to hunt with, but several less than I would like to have...currently in the market for an AR-15 (not sure which brand), a pair of Glock 26s for CCW, a muzzleloader for my wife (probably a CVA Wolf like mine...no complaints), and a Henry Cricket .22 LR to start my son out on...will have to follow that with a Ruger M77 Compact in .243...
Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got 4 gun's......
1)20 gauge for bird's rabbit's or anything else that I see of a fall(I kill anything and alot of stuff in fall and winter because I have this gun with my all the time)(also for some spring turkey)
2)22 Same as 20 gauge but less active.
3)30-30 Deer,and fun shoot!
4)223 Fun shoot
Old 07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Spike

Hunting Kuk, what kind of 20 guage are you using? Side by side, pump, semi-auto? What length barrel?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own (2) .22's (1)12guage for turkey (1)30-06 for deer and one muzzle loader for deer .

Quick Reply: How many guns do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.