Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite hunting knife

Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite hunting knife

Was just wondering whats your favorite all around hunting knife you all like to use? Deer,turkey,small game,or camping.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite hunting knife

Good Ole' Buck 110.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: lightfoot52

Was just wondering whats your favorite all around hunting knife you all like to use? Deer,turkey,small game,or camping.
Well since I make my own knives. I have many, but I like the size and feel of this elk handle 1095 spring steel knife.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

schrade old timer

i bought it when i was 13. it's just an excellent knife, and it was made in the u.s.a.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a Old Timer that holds an incredible edge. Its perfect for whitetail, from gutting to skinning. A friend of mine got me a cabelas outfitter knife last year for xmas and I'm going to give that a try this year and see how it holds up. If nothing else it sure is a pretty knife.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like knives, it's fun to get new things and knives don't cost as much as a new gun or bow. My newest knife that I picked up at the shot show is the Piranta by Havalon. This knife is as they say "crazy sharp" becausethe blade is a 60xt scalpel blade, when it gets dull just swap it out. From what I understand a scalpel blade is not a gimmic like others that hold exacto blades, they use quality steel that'll hold an edge much better.

http://www.havalon.com/xt-60knp.html

[/align]

My other new knife is an Outdoor Edge folding caper. This one feels awesome in your hand, you get good blade control with it.

http://www.outdooredge.com/product_detail.php?cat_ID=8&prod_ID=29

Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Inactive

Although I have 3 Puma's and8 Buck knives,my go to knife for deer hunting is a Cutco with serrated blade. My wife gave it to me as a b'day present 18 years ago. They have a lifetime warranty and believe it or not, I have never had to send it back for sharpening. And I should add that I have cleaned and skinned a lot of deer in that time.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Wayne Hendrix model 13
Old 06-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Old Timer Schrade is my personal favorite hunting knife.
I got it from my Uncle as a Grad present.
Its the one I charish the most and I use all the time on big game animals.
Now that I feel its my turn to load up the my own kids, as well as nephews and nieces with hunting accesseries,
For some, I've turned to Falkniven a few times with their VG 10 steel and Cabelas Alskan Guide series knives (which are made by Buck) several other times.These ones made from SV30 steel.
These 2knives will stand the test of time on just about anything.
I personally think none of these kids will feel they need anything better with either of these makes and models.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I carry several knives with me while hunting. In the past five years or so, I have used a Leatherman Supertool for 95% of my field dressing (it does an excellent job).

I also carry an 8" Kabar combat knife in my back/fanny pack and either an Imperial Schrade lock-back knife or a small Uncle Henry pocket knife.

Quick Reply: Favorite hunting knife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.