Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Babies??

Old 04-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Babies??

When does everyone expect to see their first babies of the year? When was the earliest that you ever saw them?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Babies??

I saw all of my babies within 15 seconds of being born. Actually, my first two I watched come out because they were delivered vaginally, and the third had to be delivered by cesarian section, so I didn't see him until about 15 seconds after the doctor said he was a boy...

Oh, are you talking about deer babies (more properly known as fawns)? I'd imagine that they are already starting to be born in the northern parts of the country. How soon we'll actually see them is anybodies guess.

Mike

Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

beginning of may usaully here in northen mn!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ya'll ain't going to believe it, but last Friday afternoon my grandson and I were trying to roost a turkey on the back side of my land and there was a large fresh worked scrape, complete with fresh tarsal stinking buck urine. It was the only fresh worked scrape we saw, but there were a lot of scrapes that had been worked prior to the last rain.......
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Generally we start seeing them the last week of may first week of june. For the first few weeks the mommas keep them hidden, then around July you start seeing them out and about a lot in the afternoons.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Ya'll ain't going to believe it, but last Friday afternoon my grandson and I were trying to roost a turkey on the back side of my land and there was a large fresh worked scrape, complete with fresh tarsal stinking buck urine. It was the only fresh worked scrape we saw, but there were a lot of scrapes that had been worked prior to the last rain.......
There you go drinking again.