Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Huh? What?

Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Huh? What?

What?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090316/ap_on_sc/sci_cow_compass
Old 03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Huh? What?

I guess next time I go to cruise a tract of timber or go to run a land line I can follow a cow?????
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

It is when I read something like this that I have to wonder what the heck people doing research are thinking. Is this type of information really useful to anyone? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who knows maybe Primos is going to come out with power lines you put on your property to help you find deer. I can see the commercials now.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: D Rock

It is when I read something like this that I have to wonder what the heck people doing research are thinking. Is this type of information really useful to anyone? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who knows maybe Primos is going to come out with power lines you put on your property to help you find deer. I can see the commercials now.
The research probably can't be directly used for anything but it does give biologists/animal researchers more insight on how all animals use the earths magnetic field to navigate.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all makes sense!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: D Rock

Doesn't surprise me a bit money was tossed out to study something like this. I worked for the state for 30 years and I built shocking boats to collect fish to trapping deer, turkey, frogs......you name it and putting radio transmiters in or on them to track their movements. Animal and wildlife research is some interesting stuff...