Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Inflatiable hunting boat

Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Inflatiable hunting boat

Has anyone used or owns an inflatiable hunting fishing baot. I want a small boat that I can cross back water and small streams to access islands. I want to hear the pros and cons if you have an experience with one of these boats.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Inflatiable hunting boat

The less expensive ones are easily punctured/damaged.Fish hooks and air compartments just don't go well together no matter how careful you are.There are some nice ones that will hold up better but you'll pay dearly for even the smallest of those.Your best bet would be either a solo canoe,fisherman canoe,small aluminum semi-V or Jon boat.I have an old Sears Gamefisher which is an 11' alum Jon boat.I can easily lift it with one hand and it fits into the 6' bed on my Toyota PU.It's around 25yrs old and still going strong.Not even the best inflatable ever made will last that long.I've only needed to put a little sealant on some of the rivets but otherwise maintenance free.Good luck!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM

i had one it was great i paid a bit for it but make sure when storeing it you keep it away from mice they chewd a hole in mine
Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Well thats what I wanted to know. I think I will forget about the blow up boat. I really would like one that I can carry in by myself. Thanks guys and good advice.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much are you looking to spend?Have a look at Wenonah canoes.They have quite a few that are perfect for hunting/fishing.Depending on how much you're willing to spend/hull layup even the big ones are VERY light and easy to portage.Here's a link to a site with tons of canoe reviews,etc-
http://www.paddling.net/
This place is close to me.It will give you a good idea of actual retail prices-
http://www.mountainmanoutdoors.com/
Good luck!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM

You get what you pay for. Cheaper will puncture and rip easier.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 PM
neb
Typical Buck

bernie p thanks for the help and will take a look at the site.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM

I'd buy a canoe. If you go to a canoe rental place they probably could sell you one of their older ones cheap.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Spike

Hey Neb,
It's always neat to have a cunning plan and I like your thinking.
I have already taken this idea a tad further, as guy's are prone to do and fitted a jet ski motor and pump into an 12' aluminum hulled RIB. I does about 30mph up river 40 down. I had to modify the intake screen to stop any stones bigger than a small marble through or take out shares in an impeller store. It is fairly light at about 180lb plus fuel. As it is just completed I have done testing only but am now ready to get serious and go hunting.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

For years I've been thinking of an inflatiable boat to get me across this fairly big lake where I hunt on public land. Nobody goes to the other side because it's just to far to walk around to it. I'm sure all the big bucks are there knowing they are safe. Probably just another dream of mine.

Quick Reply: Inflatiable hunting boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.