Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stand Design

Old 04-22-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Tree Stand Design

Does anyone have a good design(drawing, maybe in a word document) that I can use for a ladder lean too tree stand (two-person)? I am in the process of trying to design one myself but I always like to turn the members for there advise.

Thanks
BL
Old 04-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tree Stand Design

Might I suggest just buying a good aluminum, welded ladder stand? They are lighter, easier to move, no nails in the trees, will last longer, are safer and you won' t have a lot more money in the stand. We have about 50 and some are 10+ years old and are in as good of shape as when we bought them.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:10 PM

I have a friend whos into designing things like that... I' ll get ahold of him and see what he can come up with, then get back to you.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:44 AM

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

Timbercruiser... Yea I am looking into the purchase of a Tree Stand as a model for me to follow. I wasn' t planning on using anytype of wood products. I was planning on using some square tubing. Very light weight and very strong. I really just like to try and build as much as I can, the things I hunt with. I just adds to my hunting experience.

Washington Hunter. Thanks for checking with your buddy. I look forward to hear if you find out anything.

Old 04-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

If you can weld,here are some plans.It should be that hard to add an extra seat

Old 04-28-2003, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the info. This was exactly what I was looking for. I have drawn up plans very similiar to these. Since I have never done this before it makes me feel as if I am going dowm the right path.

Thanks

Bootlegger
Old 04-29-2003, 01:27 PM

Just a suggestion.....use square tubing for the platform as well. I' m a welder by trade and have built god knows how many treestands and the tubing seems to hold up better than the expanded metal. I also find you get a little better footing if you run a grinder over it to rough it up. A buddy of mine took the things you put in the shower to keep form slipping and glued melted them onto a couple of his stands and it worked great....especially if there' s gonna be ice.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn