Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

epic cam and other camcorders

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default epic cam and other camcorders

i am thinking about getting a camera to film hunts with and maybe film some other stuff. i looked at the epic cam, it looks pretty cool but i really know nothing about cameras so has anyone used the epic cam before and what do you think of it? also what ares some other good camcorders?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: epic cam and other camcorders

I have a canon gl1 and that is pretty good but you might want to go hi def now or the gl2 is real good too. soory don't know anything about epic
Old 02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: patchholder

I have a canon gl1 and that is pretty good but you might want to go hi def now or the gl2 is real good too. soory don't know anything about epic
im kinda looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SC-MX2...33&sr=1-16

and this one

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SDR-...64&sr=1-27

and this one

http://www.epicstealthcam.com/HTML/realtree_kit.html
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Typical Buck

i actually bought the epic for deer hunting. I got it for christmas so i have not been able to test it out during hunting conditions, but i have taken it to the range. Its amazing how good of video you get. Its not real camera quality but if you shoot a deer within 40 yards you will be able to catch the action, prolly not see where the arrow hits but its pretty cool and im pumped to try it out during turkey season
Old 02-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one of the epic's for deer hunting last fall.In bright light he camera is decent. In less than bright conditions the video leaves something to be desired.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

my inlaws bought the wife and i a digital cam corder this year for christmas. i don't know what brand it is or if it is even hi-def but hey...it was free. this upcoming season i am going to try and film some hunts with a buddy of mine. i'm not expecting "outdoor channel quality" but i think it would be fun to do.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: midsouth_hunter

I bought one of the epic's for deer hunting last fall.In bright light he camera is decent. In less than bright conditions the video leaves something to be desired.
so it is good?>
Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I think what he means is it pretty much loses camera light in low light. Wich means probably prime time when it comes to hunting probably. I know alot of cameras you can change the settings so that the picture quailty is'nt is good but will go a little darker outside.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear bad things about the Epic, just buy a camcorder
Old 02-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

My wife bought the EPIC cam for Christmas . Very poor picture in low light conditions .
I attached it to my stabilizer and it really picks up sound . My bow is fairly quiet but when the camera was on the stabilizer , it sounded like a 22 being fired on the playback .
I then attached the camera to my cap with the provided clip . Couldn't get it aimed at the target . You cannot tell if the camera is aimed properly . Too bad they don't have a lazer light attached to the camera body so you would have some idea of where exactly the EPIC camera is pointed .
I would love to have had the camera last season to tape the shot on a 6 pt . Got a double lung hit with passthrough . The buck ran about 50 yards , stopped , turned around , staggered , fell and the the Ted Nugent Death Kick ! It would have been a neat video .......
Anyway on a 1 - 10 scale , I would give the EPIC Camera a 3 ( Three ) out of 10 for performance .

Quick Reply: epic cam and other camcorders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.