Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money >

Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

Old 02-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

That aint too bad my fees are 25 for a license and 10-25 for deer tags.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

our resident hunting license are approximately $17.50. then if you don't lease or own land and have to hunt public land, you tack on another $27.00. so $44.50 will get you deer hunting with a modern firearm on public land. if you bowhunt, muzzleload hunt or turkey hunt, you will be tacking on another $5.50 per each one. now if you intend to duck hunt, you'll need to purchase a state AND federal duck stamp, which i don't know the cost because i don't duck hunt. so i'm normally out approximately $61.00 a year just in hunting licenses. if you freshwater and/or saltwater fish, that'll be another $17.50 each. basically each year the state of florida gouges me approximately $96.00 for hunting/fishing licenses.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Save some money and buy a lifetime license. Most states offer this. I have one and it paid for itself in just five years. All I will have to pay for the rest of my life is a Fed. duck stamp. Does your state offer alifetime license? If so, it would be very wise to purchase one.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes, but it's around $1,300.00 and i can't afford that in 1 shot
Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch! In LA. it's $300 for a lifetime hunting and $500 for a lifetime hunting/fishing combo. Even at that price, it's still a good idea to get it, that is if you plan on hunting for a long time. I can understand though not wanting to spend that much. That's why you need to start saving up now.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 PM

I think you are going to see the prices for licenses go up all over. It's just a sign of the times I think. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

$88 - most I know pay at least that for a sight for thier bow.

Sabot slugs are $3 plus each for the gunhunter.

Cost of the license is a very small part of the cost to hunt.
I would like the money to stay with the sportsman's programs.

Steve
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the money goes right back to the conservation efforts in the state I have no problem with throwing in afew extra dollarsa year. With how much money I spend on gear, trip expenses and such, A few extra bucks isn't going to make or break me. $30 for my deer gun licenses, $25 for my archery tags. $20 for my combo fishing and hunting license and $5 for my habitat stamp isn't to brutal. Its when I have to start paying around $150 for a single buck tag in Michigan and another $100 for a doe tag. Thats when it gets pricey. Anyone who hunts out of state knows that they license purchase is a big hit on the wallet but in state prices I will never complain about when I hear what out of state hunters pay in Illinois!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

A single round of golf can run $50+, a ticket to an NBA game is at least that in most venues, less than $100 to hunt for months still sounds like a bargain to me...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Save some money and buy a lifetime license. Most states offer this. I have one and it paid for itself in just five years. All I will have to pay for the rest of my life is a Fed. duck stamp. Does your state offer alifetime license? If so, it would be very wise to purchase one.
I bought one of those this past year. I think it was $255 here but i'm not positive on that. The thing that sucks about it is it only covers your basic hunting license to hunt squirrels, rabbits, etc. If I decide I want to deer hunt or turkey hunt I have to buy a big game license still which is $18 and then if I want to use a muzzle loader that's another $18. Bow hunting is another $18 but since I don't bow hunt I don't usually get that. So basically I'm still paying $36 a year with a lifetime license. That's if prices stay the same they are now.

Quick Reply: Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.