Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got my mount back from 1-17-09 >

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

ORIGINAL: OntElk

Nice deer but I can't say I am impressed with the taxidermy. Deer looks like he has an infection or something in his nose and eye ducts. I think a good job looks "alive". Hard to explain but you know it when you see it. I don't see it there. I believe a good taxi isn't turning a quality job around in that short a time. If he's good he has too much bsuiness to even think of doing that quick.

It is a beatuy buck you got. Congrats!
That'a a great buck. Congrats.I waited 15 months to get this guy back. I think he looksquite "alive" and I couldn't be happier with themount.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a close up of him.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OntElk

Nice deer but I can't say I am impressed with the taxidermy. Deer looks like he has an infection or something in his nose and eye ducts. I think a good job looks "alive". Hard to explain but you know it when you see it. I don't see it there. I believe a good taxi isn't turning a quality job around in that short a time. If he's good he has too much bsuiness to even think of doing that quick.

It is a beatuy buck you got. Congrats!
thats about what i see. plus antlers have been varnished or something,way to glossy,same with the nose. its not a good mount.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Nice buck mount,congrats.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Are the antlers even dried? I thought it takes 60 days or so for them to shrink up enough to be scored.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice buck but the work is terrible. the eyes and nose are horribly done.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree about it not looking life like. The nose is waytoo shiny, the eyes are set too far on the side of his head like a rabbit, the eyes are set too deep, the tear ducts are very large and go too far down his nose, and the antlers look like they were not set into the form deep enough.... almost like they were pulled off the skull a little bit.

Heoffers a lifetime guarantee on his worksoI will be contacting him tomorow about these things.I have seen some of his work before and none of it had these problems and looked very nice. I don't know what happened here. I am trying to not get thoroughly pissed off about this being as it is the first deerI have wanted to spend the money to mount. We'll see how it gets handled.

Thank you all for your honest comments.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking bucks
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 PM

I agree, nice buck. I do not know why some taxidermist put the laquer finish on the horns, that just does not look real to me. Anyways nice deer. I am always leary about a guy who can get a mount turned around in that short of a time. I dropped a deer off to the guy I use in November, and I will not get my mount back until April. This guy does 350-400 mounts a year and it is usually 5-6 months on a turn around. He gets mounts from all over the US sent to him to mount so I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now I am really getting pissed off. I took it off the wall aftermy last postand started looking real realcloseat everything. I was looking at the back of the mount for the seam where I caped it out and there is no seam there. This isn't even my hide. [:@]There is no seam up the back, just from the head down to the middle of the neck. I split my hide up from the back to the base of the neck right above his shoulders.

I got to looking at pics from when I killed the deer and the form is too big. The antlers are about 2 inches outside the ears in the kill photos and on the mount the ears extend out past the antlers. I suspect this is why the antlers look out of place.

It's a shame that this person was actually highly reccomended to me.

Look at the size difference in the real pic and the mount pic.

Quick Reply: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.