Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 DOn't know if anyone saw this yet >

DOn't know if anyone saw this yet

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DOn't know if anyone saw this yet

Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Spike

Default DOn't know if anyone saw this yet

The downloaded pictures are of a man who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and the bear he had to kill. (killed in self defense).

He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.
The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds. It stood 12' 6' high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol were the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely.

The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker.

Think about this:

If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's navel when he stood upright. The bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DOn't know if anyone saw this yet

Here is another angle on the story.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bearhunt.asp
Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Here is another angle on the story.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bearhunt.asp
Thank you for clearing this up. I wish more people did their research before spreading more tall tells. Bone Collector, I know you meant no harm, but remember what my great-grandmother told me. Believe half of what you see, a third of what you read and nothing of what you hear.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man, I thought this storywas cleared up and laid to restabout 5 years ago.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL... and I thought I was gonna be the one to bust this myth.. look down and the SECOND reply ruger has already busted it.. nice job..
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a world record aint it.

Big bear no doubt. Funny ho the internet stories get hyped up and changed.

Its scary being out there with animals with the kind of power they have. Just scroll down on the snopes page to see how fragile we are in comparison. Warning its a pic thats hard to look at.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

And you can learn some anatomy while you're at it.. Gives you a good look at what a femur looks like! But dont look to close you might find a trouser snake lurking somehwere in that picture..[:'(]
Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Wowwwww!!!!! hahahaha
ORIGINAL: fingerz42

And you can learn some anatomy while you're at it.. Gives you a good look at what a femur looks like! But dont look to close you might find a trouser snake lurking somehwere in that picture..[:'(]