Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

High fence poll

Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: High fence poll

Not only jailed, but sentenced to execution by Joe Suburbs who is willing to shell out$4K for a 99.99% success rate hunt for a trophy buck[&:]
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM

I also grew up in Texas and understand the frustration but still agree it's the land owners right no matter how you slice it. That being said, I have not norwill I ever support high fence hunting.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Amen brother, I feel the same way about my ground. But, just get our deer off it before if you decide to turn it into a pay for play operation.
That assumes that anyone who might high fence, does so for the purpose of pay for play. While I understand that in the abscence of a high fence the deer are free to migrate to neighboring land, my question is, would they? If a piece of land has everything a deer wants (food, protein and water year round) how far will they normally travel? I ask because I really don't know.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got an idea for a new high fence gig. Dig about a three acre pond on my land and then wait until Fall when a bunch of geese and ducks are on it.Then shoot one of those bignets (like on Wild Kingdom)over the pond and then rig it so thatthe netting is about 50 yards high and covers the pond and a few surrounding acres.I can then charge folks a couple hundred bucks apiece to go into the netting and shoot a couple waterfowl. It is pretty hard to hit a duck on the wing, soI may have tochange the rules to allow them to shoot the birds on the water or while sitting on the bank, so as to guarantee the same success rate that most folks get with a high fence deer hunt. I think this could be a real good deal. Anybody want to invest in my operation.[&:]
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 PM

HF ops were not to blame, not my opinion, state supported fact! It was found due to the care and attention the HF operators give to the deer, that how it was found

CWD is all over. however hf operations take great effort to keep the heards free and will move in to correct any issue. state wildlife solutions, kill them all.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

"Care and attention?" Sounds like someone raising a calf for the county fair.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Breeders DO care for the deer.And in case you don'tknow, Breeder bucks are not hunted. And IMO breeders, have and do more for the advancement of wildlife than any other person who walked in the woods as a weekend warrior or some other "fair chase" fellow.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

You said no discussion, LOL!!!! Thats funny stuff
Old 01-08-2009, 04:05 PM

1/4 mile unless a deer runs out of food, water, or is pushed out by man or other predators. that will increase when rut is on. but for the most part if the deer have, the deer stay. Whitetail deer that is, elk, mule, and other cervid species.

that is my understanding.. if someone has science to back them up, id like to read it.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Let us not forget we live in the land of the free and brave. To many people forget this and want to have things their way. Don't like high fences, but its their land. Bad enoff theres property taxes, causing people to loss there homes.

Quick Reply: High fence poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.