Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt? >

Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt?

I did not know where to post this but is this true? I am from Wisconsin and I know that our state is higher. Heck we sell 650,000 gun deer hunting licenses alone.Our state has 5.5 mil people so that is at least 11%. That is not including bowhunters, small game, waterfowl, upland hunters that don't hunt gun deer.

So from other parts of the country is 8% really true?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt?

I don't know, but I would guess that's pretty accurate. I lived in St. Louis, MO for a while. When I talked about going bowhunting to co-workers, they looked at me like I was from Mars. I could count on one hand the number of people I knew that went hunting for anything there. I also lived in Orlando, FL for a couple years. I didn't know one person that went hunting.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That percentage sounds about right for here in California...maybe even a little less.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I thought the percentage was closer to 4.5%. That is why the hunters have a low value as far as politics go.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Fork Horn

If that's true - I feel sorry for the 92% that don't!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Spike

It sounds right I live in St.Louis Missouri and I only know about 7 people that hunt and all together only about 11 guys hunt/shoot guns at the range
Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

That sounds about right. I talk to lots of people at work about hunting. Some used to hunt 15-20 years ago, but gave it up due to lack of time, lack of land, etc... Others don't hunt at all and have no interest.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where I work employs about 50 people & only 3 of us hunt.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read in USA Today,about a month ago that hunting is on a decline over the last 20 years.The way they determined that was through hunting license sales.
But I'm also willing to bet that alot of sports are also on the decline in the last 20 yrs. ie: little league{baseball} soccer, youth hockey,football also what's enroll in organizations such as Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts? I'll bet it's also down.
Why?????? I believe the Internet & Video games have alot to do with it.
I remember as a kid we always had a ballgame going on in the street EVERY day. I'm in my house 20 yrs. I can't ever remember seeing a ballgame.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 AM

Ithink that figure is pretty close.the problem is these their isnt as many junior hunters out there hunting as there used to be.they will be the backbone of the hunter force for years to come.

Quick Reply: Is it true that only 8% of American's hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.