Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Two-Man Ladder stand

Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Two-Man Ladder stand

my dads getting me a 2-man ladder stand and hes letting me pick it out. i was just wondering whats the best one out there and if you could bow hunt from one? any help would be appriciated.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Two-Man Ladder stand

I got a stand similar to this one for my wife and I to gun hunt out of, good amount of space up there for two people, you could probably put it up with two people, but we have put it up twice now with three people, two to lift, and one to stand on the bottom ladder rung so it doesn't kick out. Thinking I picked it up from the sportsmansguide a couple years ago for about $300

The shooting rail on ours is permanent, so I don't know how feasible bow hunting would be, I imagine it would be doable if you can guess where your shot is going to come from, but it is not optimal.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...003000_425-3-2

The other 'two' man stand we use is something like this:

We have four of these, I have never hunted one of these with two people in the stand, but as a one person stand they are fairly comfortable, the seat doesn't flip up so you need to watch your feet when manuevering around while watching deer. The gun rail flips up, so it is a decent bow stand.

This stand can be put up with two people fairly easy, probably could manage with just one, but I have always had someone there to help, even if the second person just stands at the base to make sure the bottom doesn't kick out when lift the stand up.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

my buddy and i would be bow hunting out of it and one of us would be filming so im looking at a decent one that the shooting rail flips up so i could bow and gun out of it. i like the looks of the one you have but i only have a cabelas here not a bass pro shops
Old 12-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the one ive bow hunted out of,http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0014701415351a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntk=Products&QueryT ext=big+game+treestands&sort=all&Go.y=9&am p;_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&am p;Go.x=16&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fse arch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

It works out ok. The only problem is if you have to shoot behind you, the rail tends to get in the way. Not a bad stand but i would take a hang onor a climber over it.

Wayne
Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the looks of thatstand and everything it offers. my dad wants to get a 2 man so its either that or nothing at all so im taking the 2 man
Old 12-27-2008, 08:16 PM

I bought a "Big Game" ladder stand this year - the Stealth Deluxe model, which is a one person. I like it so much, I'm going to purchase the two man for next season ($239). On hopening day of 08, I sat in this stand for 13 hours, with the occasional stretch, and never was uncomfortable.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:38 PM

i use the 100 dollar ones from wal mart and they work fine

Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bow hunt out of mine. The one i have has the front rail to raise up out of the way to bowhunt out of. My buddy and I put it up and move it so 2 people can set it up.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a lot of money to leave in the woods. I have a design I'm working on that is like a roof ladder cover, that covers the first 8 steps. Im HOPING that would be too much work for a thief. In 200 acres of woods near my home I know of 5 ladder stands and 1 camera that was stolen this year.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Try the 2 man Brutus Ladder stand. It's economical and I've used mine for years.

Quick Reply: Two-Man Ladder stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.