Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

taxidermy poses

Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: taxidermy poses

Last one

Old 12-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

Mckenzie sneak w/ offset shoulder.

I did it on my 14pt that had points sticking out all over the place.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 AM

Here is my only mount to date. I went to a Taxi that came highly recommended from a friend (husband of a co-worker). He suggested this pose to make the droptine on the left stand out a little. Any good Taxi--in my opinion--should be able to make suggestions on how to best present your trophy.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have 6 mounts thus far. The first thing I consider is where on the wall I'm going to hang the mount, by far IMHO the most important factor for presentation. I have one full sneak mount that I really like.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I don't take the wall into as much of a factor as some might. I don't have my own place ( finished college a year ago, banking up some cash ) - so I've only ever taken into account what will look best for the deer.

While it might be a touch different should you know you're going to be in the same place the rest of your life, I figure I can find a place to make a deer mount look good on the wall, versus maybe having a less than ideal mount to fit a specific place on the wall.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

i would look at the full sneak option... i did my first deer like this and it looks really cool...
this isnt my deer, its just an example

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

trevorpt - looks like the same form as my deer that I put as an attachment in my prev post. nice buck!

My current one is going to have the same form, but opposite turn.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking for ear positions and couldn't find photos of shoulder mounts

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/texas8point/101_2343.jpg

Old 12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is mine from last year. Its a semi upright pedistal wall mount. With a bigger racked deer I like this style because there is more shoulder showing. Its a very natural pose for the mount. I think thats important. I rarely see a deer fully upright looking perfectly straight ahead. Those are my least favorite poses. The semi sneaks ar cool too. But I like this pose the best for natural look. Also this was a very big bodied deer so I liked seeing the body more too.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntr4lfe

I actually am having the same trouble. I am open to suggestions. Here is my deer. A lot of character with his split brows an has some broken points. Let me know what you guys think I should do with this one.
Right turn offset shoulder, semi sneak or semi upright ears back. Maybe a pedestal or wall pedestal if you care for it....... Awesome coloring of the face on this deer is goin to look great. WCL

Quick Reply: taxidermy poses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.