Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING?? >

SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

i just picked up some of the scent blocker stuff, and to be honest i don't care if it works. it keeps me warm and its comfortable
Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Spike

Yes it does work if used properly. To get the best results, use a full scent-lok suit with a scent-lok headcover. Also use rubber boots with the pants over the boots to stop scent from escaping. To reactivate the suit, put it in the dryer on high for about 20 minutes every 8-10 hunts. The results are amazing!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Spike

killed my first with a bow this year at 20 yrds, with a steady wind blowing right to them, saw 5 that day, with no concern for me whatsoever. same luck with 2 nannies the next week. no concern for me whatsoever. i am new to carbon clothes this year, but i've been impressed so far.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Spike

I use nothing but scent BLOCKER. Scent lok's pores get clogged with all sorts of stuff. The first morning I used scent BLOCKER I had two gray fox's play 20 yards downwind of me for more than an hour. My biggest buck, 163 7/8" was 25 yards downwind when I let the air out of him. I don't believe I would have had that opportunity had I not been wearing my scent BLOCKER. I am not not saying scent lok doesn't work, but success speaks for itself, to me atleast!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how folks killed anything before these products were marketed to spend money on?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Firehawk7309

I wonder how folks killed anything before these products were marketed to spend money on?
They probably had to work a lot harder.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys I don't buy it. I don't use any of that. I use fresh earth cover sent and wash my clothes in scent free detergent. I hav had deer underneath me, downwind, and within 1 yard. None of them smelled me. And I have killed plenty.

You don't need the stuff. But if it makes you feel better...and you want to spend the money...Go for it. I'll keep my money.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I would start with scent absorbing base layers such as scentlok base slayers. I think keeping those scent absorbing layers as close as possible to the source of the problem is best.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

Go with ScentBlocker. I have two full suits and have a much higher success ratio since I've started using it. The only reason that I will not try any of the other carbon suit products out there is that ScentBlocker (Robinson Laboratories) was the only carbon suit manufacturer not named in a lawsuit a few years ago in which all of these manufacturers (except Robinson Laboraties) were accused of lieing about the actual carbon content in their suits and the validity of their claims as to it's scent absorbtion effectiveness.

It is a little more expensive, but well worth the price!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's 100% worthless in my area....but we're in the woods and fields pretty much all year. My grandfather's barn had a stack of racks as tall as I was when I was younger...that were shot from the 40's-80's with old smoothbore shotguns. I can remember several huge deer he shot when I was a kid in the 80's with him wearing farming overalls and smoking A&M's.

My brother is the same way. Smokes while wearing his work clothes...and he arrows 120"+ deer probably every other year. He'll farm all day..grab his bow...and hunt in the afternoons...smelling like total ass.

I don't smoke...and wear Gander Mountain's rain gear when it's 40ยบ or warmer b/c it's very quiet and comfortable. I wash it in scent away..and spray down before walking into the woods. I hang all of my hunting clothes in a wooded cabinet I made in the basement and spray it with earth scent nearly every time I go down there. I don't have any more or any less "luck" than my brother.

My buddy is head to toe Scent Blocker...dresses in the field behind our barn.The deer act the same down wind from him as they do my brother...and believe me I've watched and learned b/c I've been very harsh on my brother's hunting tactics.

After seeing my bro and my grandfather kill large deer my entire life with absolutely no scent fighting regime...I've come to the conclusion that deer (in my area at least) are really just stupid animals when it comes to them thinking a foreign odor is a predator hunting them. If they see or hear you....that's a different story. But if you sit down and shutup...you'll kill deer just as well as someone decked out in Scent Blocker.

Maybe deer in areas that don't have humans by them act differently...like a remote forest with no towns or humans within 100 miles. But in rural Indiana's farm land....you would be wasting your money on high dollar clothing.

Quick Reply: SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.