Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting in Alabama

Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 AM
JL

Default Hunting in Alabama

I will be coming to Alabama to hunt a private farm in WilCox County near Camden.I will be down there Dec. 21 - 24.I am from SC and have never hunted in Alabama. Is this a good region? What are the deer doing/feeding on? Pre Rut??..etc.
Heard many good things about the Hunting in Alabama, and I look forward to the trip. Any thoughts, or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting in Alabama

I hunt about 2 1/2 hours away but have know a few guys that hunt out that way. The hunting is good and the deer are plentiful from what i have heard. The rut down here is always a little later here then most of the other states and wtih all the warm weather it hasn't helped but most places are coming into it right now so you may be able to catch the tail end of it.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

I hunt about 2 1/2 hours away but have know a few guys that hunt out that way. The hunting is good and the deer are plentiful from what i have heard. The rut down here is always a little later here then most of the other states and wtih all the warm weather it hasn't helped but most places are coming into it right now so you may be able to catch the tail end of it.
Where I hunt in Bama (about 20 minutes east of Montgomery) we don't have our rut til about the last 2 weeks of January.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's been many years since I hunted or hung around the Camden area, but back then there were plenty of deer. You may have some ag fields to hunt and there should be a big acorn crop. Problem with the acorns is that they are everywhere.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Spike

Find the acorn trees it is 75 degrees today and will be in the mid 50s this weekend. This is to say the acorns have not rotted yet so the deer are in the woods - or you can hunt 100yds or so off afield to try and catch thm coming to the green fields at night.it will be hard to find good buck bc the rut does not happen here until the end of jan. good luck
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Spike

Im so sorry that I missed this post. I have a total of about 3800 achers of family land in Coy Al. 15 mins form Camden. If you plan on coming back give me a shout. We bow hunt only, stand have been set sence September, and we are at 8 point or above. I have killed my 3 for the year, and the other guys have also. Now we are killing some doe's to get the numbers down. Season ends January 31, think it over and let me know. Right now it my best place to hunt, my other has a big cat on it, and it's screwed up.