Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Clubs

Old 12-15-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Hunting Clubs

I was wondering what is everyones take on Hunting Clubs?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Clubs

I don't understand your question. Sorry, restate it please.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: HammerHead08

I was wondering what is everyones take on Hunting Clubs?
Like it or not, its the American way. Nothing for free in this world.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting clubs have their benefits. You become part of a club, part of a brotherhood, and have access to land that others don't have. Some cost $$$$, others are not quite that expensive though.

Without hunting clubs, we'd all be on public land wildlife areas, with 9000+ other hunters, and it would be disasterous - i.e. we'd see a hunter almost behind every tree! [&:]

Old 12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

if they're still hunting clubs, they're fine, if they run dogs, there all a bunch of crooked bastards. i hate clubs that run dogs, they tend to ruin alot of hunts for me. if people would keep their dogs on club land that would be one thing, but they can't. and then, to have them blatantly dump them out on someone else's private property in hopes they'll run back to the club is crap. i hate most clubs around here for that reason, but like i said if all they do is still hunt, they're fine.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was a kid ... seems like forever and ago now, back in the 1960's, hunting another's land was more or less only a matter of developoing a good relationship and receiving permission. Where I live, in the deep south, that is no loinger the norm. In my opinion and in my discussions with the only land owner that still lets me hunttheir 880 acres, the problem has been untrustworthy huntersand trespassers.There had long been the "high dollar", humongous hunting clubs around here. These folks had access to thousands of acres of prime land. I visited with one of these back in the mid 1970's. It was on 8,000 acres of an once properous cotton plantation that coverted to a pinetree farm. Absolutely fabuloous land and facilities. Eight guys had (hve) the lease at $15,000/hunter.year.

When the "farm lease" became populararound here in the mid 1970's, a lot of small hunting clubs emerged. These were clubs of 4-10 guys leasing500 - 1000 or so acres. I'd say aroung 1985 pretty much every guy I knew hunted in a "Club".

I came to Alabama in 1974. I tried at first to hunt private and public land. The private land slowly went away. Public land .... a nightmare for me. While hunting in Coosa Game Management Area in I guess it was 1976.Two guys came trapsing by around 09:30 asking me if I had seen anything good? About an hour later, 5 shots rang out in the hollow well below me. I then heard all five rounds whiz over my head as I dove for cover !! Ithen tried Barbour County GMA later in the year.When the sun came up, though I was in what I thought was a remote great place, it looked like I was hunting in a pumpkin patch. I could see at least 5 hunters within 250 yards or so ofmy ground blind. So I looked for a "club" .

Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

My dad is a president of a clubhere in jersey. Although its really just on paper because the dozen members have been friends for most of their lives, and before they hunted together
Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Like many others, I joined a club (about 1200 acres) to avoid the numerous crazies I bumped into on public land. Its much safer and far more productive.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Spike

What is the average cost of a small club? say 500-1500 acres (per person)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

1200 acres, 20 members, $675 per member.

Quick Reply: Hunting Clubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.