Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

fatality

Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default fatality

On the news they just announced a hunting fatality just southwest of Tallahassee, Fl. A 67 year old man fell from a tree stand, no safety harness. They didn't say much else about the accident.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: fatality

We have to learn from these incidents. Again - no safety harness.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM

It seems like that is responsible for almost every accident. It is completely avoidable too. What a shame.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should have worn his harness.....
Old 12-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear the poeple I hunt with out on this. But I insist one a harness. I have several extra in the truck. No harness your not climbing.

Sad some don't take the hint and still climb without them.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

The sad thing about wearing a safety belt is that on this site you think you would be preaching to the choir. This topic has been discussed several times over the years. Yet despite the numerous injuries and fatalities that have been mentioned, there the several members on this forum that are guilty of not wearing a safety belt. And several are proud of the fact and admit it freely. They will probably chime in below. It is truly a shame. I see them as the definition of the word, fool. They have no respect for themselves or for others. If you don't wear one for yourself, wear it for you loves ones. They are the one who suffer from the injury or worse.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

This story reminds me of the old man that smoked cigarrettes and dies of cancer. The cigarrettes are the only blame (forget his genetic predisposition or the fact that he worked in a coal mine for 20 years when he was younger). This story mentioned a guy falling from a treestand with out a harness, so all the guys at CSI know for a fact that this guy died because he did not use a harness. Well at 67 years of age, I am willing to bet that his harness would not have stopped the massive MI he just had prior to falling. Can't say that with 100% certainty, but I'll take the odds in this case that he was dead before he hit the ground untill an atopsy proves otherwise. And if that is the case, then it should not be chalked up as a hunting fatality.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 AM

I am new to hunting but I do know one man who fell from an tree stand and the only thing he can move is his eyes and mouth. He always tells people that he meets not wearing the harnes is like me giving you my gan and saying put it up to your head and pull the triger, could be loaded or maybe not , lets just see what happens.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: garry_3000

I am new to hunting but I do know one man who fell from an tree stand and the only thing he can move is his eyes and mouth. He always tells people that he meets not wearing the harnes is like me giving you my gan and saying put it up to your head and pull the triger, could be loaded or maybe not , lets just see what happens.
Same could be said for getting out of bed any particular day.

Curious as to the circumstances as to how he fell.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

True enough, but the fact remains that he wasn't wearing his harness; a foolish decision despite whatever other factors were at play here. There's no good reason to not wear a harness.

Quick Reply: fatality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.