Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Proud daddy son got a 7 pt!  Pics added >

Proud daddy son got a 7 pt! Pics added

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Proud daddy son got a 7 pt! Pics added

Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Proud daddy son got a 7 pt! Pics added

Yesterday I let my 9 year old son get out of school and go hunting with me. He has done a great job in school and Sat. have been busy lately and we have not been able to go. Well opening day this year in VIrginia my son killed a 5 point buck and a doe with one shot each. I posted those picture(someone else posted them) earlier in the season. Yesterday we had a stand on the side of a field that drops off into the low ground before you get to the Nottoway river. It was supposed to rain all day and we did not get a drop. About 11:00 we had on dog booting along behind us in the low grounds and all of a sudden at, NO JOKE, 3 steps a monster one sided buck. It was probably 15 inches high and very heavy but only had the left side. My son, who is nine, saw about the same time as I did that it was not a full racked deer and we both said don't shoot. I am so proud of him, this being only his second year of carrying a gun and he is being pretty selective. That was the only deer we saw and for the second hunt my uncle who sets up the hunts and tells folks where the stand are asked if there was anyone who wanted to walk and go down to the river. My son and I jumped at the offer. We left right away because we had a long walk. Well most of the walk was in 2 feet of water and I did not hear a word from my son. He showed me so much yesterday because there are some men that would have quit and set up half way or even less away from the river. We got into place and the first thing my son says is how is a deer gonna get through all of that water, I told him to set back and see. Well I was looking kinda stupid because I told him how good of a place was and about two hours into the hunt we had not even heard a dog. About 3:00 I hear one dog off in the distance and before you know it a doe comes by us carrying the mail, she got to within about 10 yards and never saw us. My son got excited then and about 15 minutes later here comes the buck. My son got ready and at about 30 yards shoots three times. The buck goes down and then gets back up and makes it out of sight. After our opening day 3 hour track and my son getting upset that he might have lost the deer, yesterday he said I know I hit him good, he is not going to be far. We sat tight and there was a dog not too far behind the deer and he ran just out of sight and started to bay the deer. We walked over to the deer and it was a 14 inch 7 pointer. He was soo excited and I was too.

Sorry about the long story but if anyone would let me send the pictures to you and you post them for me I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Need help with pictures, proud daddy again!

if u e-mail it to me at [email protected] I can have it posted by the end of the day
Old 12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just emailed you, thanks. I am a teacher and the system blocks me from going to photobucket.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM

Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM

there u go buddy...congrats to ur son

Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Congrats to you and your son. Nothing more exciting to see a youth or new hunter (of any age) take a deer.

Hope you have many more times like this to come.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

that a nice buck. congrats to your son. tell him nice job for me
Old 12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you all, I am very excited that my son is doing so good and having so much fun!!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to your son
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

way cool! Both my boys have taken deer, but nothing like that. Congrats

Quick Reply: Proud daddy son got a 7 pt! Pics added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.