Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

kill with a friend

Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 AM

Default kill with a friend

So my best friend is just getting into hunting and has only been out twice and both times were with me. The first time we went out we only saw our breath. He ended up buying a shotgun for himself and we went out a second morning about 2 weeks after the first time. We were sitting at a base of a tree when this 8 point came out of the thicket on my side. I tapped my buddy and told him to take the shot. When the deer went down I jumped up with excitment and I think I was more excited that he killed the deer than he was. The biggest deer I had ever taken was a 7 point but i didnt care. It was one of the best hunting moments I had ever had, sharing a first kill with a new hunter and my best friend.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kill with a friend

congrats to your friend
Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to him.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats... any pics?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Ya i just have to get the pics from him. should be up by tomorrow
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome. Congrats to him
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Spike

I understand your feeling, I took my bestfriends 11 year old cousin for her First hunt, 6 slick heads walked into the field, all large enough to take, she picked hers out, dropped it in its tracks. she was super excited butdeep down, i know i was more excited than she was knowing what i did. We sat for another hour till dark to climb down from the stand, at dark a nice 8pt with girthwalked out about 200+ yards out ( too far for her to shoot, but right in my sweet range), i put the scope on it and decided not to take it simply because that night was HER hunt, i didnt want to take any of her thunder. Will go down as one of my TOP 3 hunts of all time.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Glad someone else has had the same experience...passing the passion of hunting is an awsome feeling. I am only 22 and i look forward to someday having the same experience
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to him
Old 12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

congrats

Quick Reply: kill with a friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.