Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is anyone else having a horrible season? >

Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Is anyone else having a horrible season?

I killed the 9 point in my avatar pic during bow season,haven't seen a good buck since. seen a ton of does and passed alot ofsmall bucks.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i seen about the same as last year, but havent got one yet. though i have heard complaints of people not seeing many deer at all this year
Old 12-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rustynobles

I have only missed 5 hunting days this season, and still only seen 5 deer since september. Please someone let me know that I'm not the only one. I know it's not a competition, but it's depressing when everyone around me has either killed monsters, or tagged out. I've killed a single doe, and have an empty freezer now. I'm using scent control, keeping the wind in my face, baiting (where it's allowed) and trying to stay in the shadows. I just don't get it. If anyone has any tips (besides buck bombs, and attractant scents, because I already use them) that may help me improve my luck the remainder of this horrible season, please let me know.
I know how you feel.
Because of this sucky economy, I haven't even gone deer hunting. [:@]
Being broke sucks.
Whats worse is, its only going to get worse.
No jobs = no money.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been hunting from october 4 till just now. I have seen, 19 deer. This season is bad.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'm from Ontario and it hasn't been too plentiful up here either. Rifle season was incredibly warm (t-shirt weather) and our gang of 14 was only able to muster up 2. There is an unusually high amount of corn still standing in the fields to be combined around this area. In muzzleloader season, our gang of 2 only saw one deer all week (coming out of a corn field to a creek) and we got him but that was it. Several other gangs around here reporting the same type of luck.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: vapredhunter

I killed the 9 point in my avatar pic during bow season,haven't seen a good buck since. seen a ton of does and passed alot ofsmall bucks.
franklin county is a great place for big bucks.i usually hunt there some but haven't been this season. the guys i hunt with around smith mtn lake have killed a few nice bucks. but nothing like they have in past seasons. they say there has been very little sign of any rut.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw leagal shooters in PA during the bow season but no shots offered. Now in 1st week of gun I saw over 150 deer in the six days in the field. No legal bucks (must be 4 points one side to be leagal in my WMU). Lot's of young spikers and Y bucks. In Ohio i am seeing a lot of deer. I hunt Licking County and it has and will be successful on the private ground i hunt. It seems as though the Wisconsin boyos are really not seeing deer. This is being said on more than just this site.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

im getting frustrated by the 15 degree weather last week now today it is at 55!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ole DD aint doin to good this year as far as seeing shooters ...Ive seen a few deer just not one I wanted to harvest ...we have a late muzzleload season this next week and Ill be out there hunting but its getting late in the 4th quarter ...but just being in the field makes it a great season for me.

dd
Old 12-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

at least you guys are seeing deer. the first deer i can shoot im shooting

Quick Reply: Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.