Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

it just doesnt get any better

Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Spike

Default it just doesnt get any better

my grilfriends first year tagging along with me and it has been a ruff three days, about 20 hrs in stand without a deer sighting she was getting a little flustered, so today we tried something different. i pushed off a thicket to her and two deer came out one nice buck and a doe, unfortantly they huged the cover and no clean shots, so she held off shooting. then some does came out to her and she said the only clean shots where at fawns so no shots again, then one big "i thought it was a doe" was giving her a good neck shot and as she was aiming she saw through the branches covering its face from clear veiwthat this "doe" was a legal buck so she decided to take the neck shot. it droped on the spot and she calls me all excited telling me that it was her shooting and she had droped a buck! before i could get to her she was holding this buck screaming for me to GET OVER HERE ITS BIG!

after about twenty minutes of me going absolutly certifiably nuts we got some photos of her and her trophy! being her first buck is bigger then anything i have shot she was a good sport and didnt tease me at all and thanked me for being such a good dog

.243 95 gain fussions at 80 yards did the trick all right! i have never ever been so proud or excited in my life, by far the greatest experience in the woods and one ill never forget! and with her new rifle what was an early christmas persent from me!

good dog or not i give all the credit to this girl she really has impressed me with her patience and shot selection, being a first year hunter and being able to hold off on that first buck that never offered a good shot is truely impressive she knows her limits and wont push them.

she has some big shoes to fill if she wants to top this next year but she said shes up for the challange!

Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: it just doesnt get any better

awesome!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

What a great start to a hunting career. Here's hoping you two have lotsmore similar experiences - but you get the big one once in awhile. I hope she doesn't think that this hunting thing is too easy, now.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to her.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to your girlfriend
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to her, Nice Buck!!

One question though, and I hope this never happens but,doyou get the gun if you break up.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats to her.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you're good at barking cause she is going to driving deer the whole season.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to her and you. Great story!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great Job on getting another one hooked for life. Hopefully!

Quick Reply: it just doesnt get any better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.