Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climbing Treestand

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Climbing Treestand

Hey guys I was just looking for advice about climbers. Of all the piles of hunting gear I have I still don't have a climber. My family and I have had a lease for several years and would just use chain on stands set at various locations around the property. I would like to have the option of being more mobile if the opportunity presents itself, not to mention when I'm hunting places other then our lease. Anyways I was wondering what brands you guys would recommend and why. Price will be somewhat of an issue but I'm willing to pay for quality. Other then that I'm pretty open minded, thanks in advance
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Climbing Treestand

You can't go wrong with a Summit. They are the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I have the Summit Bullet Backpacker. Theyare a loteasier to carry around. I got mine for pretty cheap, but I think they are regularly $289. It is one of the best hunting investments I have made.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Summit definately makes nice comfortable and lightweight stands but they can be a little pricey. Look into API stands as well, just as comfortable and lightweight and usually a little cheaper than Summit.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You cant go wrong with either a summit or api. I have both and both are great stands.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Viper (or the bigger/roomier Goliath model) is the most incredible, lightweight, rugged, and yet most comfortable climber around. I love mine and won't use anything else. I should say that I have actually nodded off to sleep in my Summit Viper for than a few times.... [:-]

Old 12-04-2008, 06:23 AM

www.treewalkerstands.com Lightest, biggest platform in the buisness, net seat is all day comfortable, very easy to climb with and made in the USA.

my .02
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Summit Viper (or the bigger/roomier Goliath model) is the most incredible, lightweight, rugged, and yet most comfortable climber around. I love mine and won't use anything else. I should say that I have actually nodded off to sleep in my Summit Viper for than a few times.... [:-]
x1, I can even relate to the nodding off as well. I got a steal on my w/Cabela's points though. $20 for a new Summit Viper isn't a bad deal .

Seriously though, great investment. Don't know how I went all those years without one.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have been looking for a climber. Ive been researching for a while and have figured out that the Summit Goliath SS is going to be the best choice for me. But the Equalizer and TreeLounge climbers are good too.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM

old man
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Spike

i have a summit ss goliath and i love it comfy, wont slip, roomy,

Quick Reply: Climbing Treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.