HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Climbing Treestand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/276753-climbing-treestand.html)

gmil6184 12-03-2008 09:12 PM

Climbing Treestand

Hey guys I was just looking for advice about climbers. Of all the piles of hunting gear I have I still don't have a climber. My family and I have had a lease for several years and would just use chain on stands set at various locations around the property. I would like to have the option of being more mobile if the opportunity presents itself, not to mention when I'm hunting places other then our lease. Anyways I was wondering what brands you guys would recommend and why. Price will be somewhat of an issue but I'm willing to pay for quality. Other then that I'm pretty open minded, thanks in advance

sk74ford 12-03-2008 09:19 PM

RE: Climbing Treestand

You can't go wrong with a Summit. They are the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I have the Summit Bullet Backpacker. Theyare a loteasier to carry around. I got mine for pretty cheap, but I think they are regularly $289. It is one of the best hunting investments I have made.

jeremyjms06 12-03-2008 10:13 PM

Summit definately makes nice comfortable and lightweight stands but they can be a little pricey. Look into API stands as well, just as comfortable and lightweight and usually a little cheaper than Summit.

gregrn43 12-03-2008 11:26 PM

You cant go wrong with either a summit or api. I have both and both are great stands.

ButchA 12-04-2008 04:54 AM

Summit Viper (or the bigger/roomier Goliath model) is the most incredible, lightweight, rugged, and yet most comfortable climber around. I love mine and won't use anything else. I should say that I have actually nodded off to sleep in my Summit Viper for than a few times.... [:-]

Scrat 12-04-2008 06:23 AM

www.treewalkerstands.com Lightest, biggest platform in the buisness, net seat is all day comfortable, very easy to climb with and made in the USA.

my .02

TNHagies 12-04-2008 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Summit Viper (or the bigger/roomier Goliath model) is the most incredible, lightweight, rugged, and yet most comfortable climber around. I love mine and won't use anything else. I should say that I have actually nodded off to sleep in my Summit Viper for than a few times.... [:-]

x1, I can even relate to the nodding off as well. I got a steal on my w/Cabela's points though. $20 for a new Summit Viper isn't a bad deal :D.

Seriously though, great investment. Don't know how I went all those years without one.

1shotkill1993 12-04-2008 06:27 AM

I too have been looking for a climber. Ive been researching for a while and have figured out that the Summit Goliath SS is going to be the best choice for me. But the Equalizer and TreeLounge climbers are good too.

beardstowndeerhunter 12-04-2008 09:14 AM

old man

PITBULL2888 12-04-2008 10:04 AM

i have a summit ss goliath and i love it comfy, wont slip, roomy,