Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tired of Deer Hunting?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tired of Deer Hunting?

If your tired of carrying everything in and out of the woods......stop carrying so much stuff! Seriously though, take a little breather and I bet you will be right back at it.
As for me I can't say I have every really gotten tired of hunting...sorry.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Have you tried bowhunting? That will spark you interest for sure if you haven't, and it will probably help you hone your skill some too. I honestly think I would get a little tired of it too if I shot 5 deer, I have only ever shot one per year, but this year I plan on shooting at least two, maybe three. I have one down already and I am planning on finishing this weekend so I can pheasant hunt for the rest of the season.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am no where near tired of hunting-just tired of what its becoming. Tired of loosing my spots. Tired of it being so difficult to find new ones.
But tired of hunting?? Never
Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: A11en

I'm concerned something is wrong with me. I eat, sleep, and breath hunting 365 days a year.

Maybe I need a shrink!
You just described me to a tee. No, you don't need a shrink. You're not alone loving it the way you do. I'm obsessed with deer hunting and I'll admit it. No, I don't get tired of it at all. In fact, I get more into it as time goes on, and I've been at it since the '70s! I have almost 320 hours on stand so far this season. I have 13 all day (dark to dark 10-12 hour) hunts so far this year! I just got back from Alberta on Monday.Guess what? I'll be in the woods again tomorrow. We have some crappy weather moving in, so activity might be happening. I still have a Pa buck tag to fillyet.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think you need a shrink. I think your idea of just taking some meat home then hunt for a big buck might help. I would just slow down a bit and take it all in and remember how great it is just to be in the woods. Good luck.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

I think what your feeling is normal. I mean you've taken 5 deer already this year, you got enough meat to last you til next season. Hunting can be alot of work, when you factor in all the pre season activities like scouting, planting (if you do), shed hunting, setting up game cameras, more scouting, scouting some more, and then once the season starts you lose sleep, you wake up on saturday mornings when alot of people are just getting into bed, you drive to your hunting area, you sit in silence in freezing cold temperatures, you shoot a deer, you track the deer if needed, you field dress the deer, you haul all your stuff back your truck, you walk back into the woods and drag a 100 plus poundsof dead weight for who knows how far, you load the dead weight into your truck, you process the deer (either yourself or processor), you go home to a wife or kids who won't let you get a nap, and you wake up and do it all over again. Hunting is hard but d@mn I love it!!!!!!!!!!! My lil sister has gotten into hunting the past 2 years and alot of time I'll take her and not even take a gun so hopefully if I see something it will pass me and go to her so she can get it. I'll just take my camera and sit in my stand and enjoy nature and the few hours of stress free life. I take some pictures and enjoy the time in the forrest. Maybe you should do the same..... don't even take a gun in the woods with you, just take a camera and enjoy being out in the woods with no worries. Leave the stress and worries of life at home and just enjoy life for those few hours. It'll definately make you appreciate being able to get out there.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Spike

Eh don't worry about your not loosing everyone gets tired of things doesn't mean they don't still love it give it a break and then kill em next year. I personally think that everything past hunting and shooting is a pain in the ass and I start getting tired of that real quick lol
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Many great insights - Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been there dude, take a week to 10 days off and see how you feel. Its just a little burn out. To much candy will always sour the stomach.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

You need to challenge yourself, try bowhunting. Start trophy hunting. I started handgun hunting. It got to be too dang easy. When I started hunting 20 years ago, it was hard to even see a deer, a 15" wide 8 pointer was a freaking monster. I wouldn't even think about shooting a buck that small now. If you shoot there is no chance of a miss. I practice all year up to 600 yds away, the longest shot I have is 450 yds. No challenges with a rifle anymore. Change weapons, or start hunting bigger deer. Maybe next year try a stick and stone hunt! THAT'S HUNTING!! We used to do it once a year for rabbits, they called it bunny bopping, man that's fun.

Quick Reply: Tired of Deer Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.