Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got Some PieBall??

Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Got Some PieBall??

I shot a doe the other day here in WV and when i went to get her i noticed that her hoofs were pure white all the way through and the bottom parts of her legs were all white also. So i think she has some Pieball in her. Anyone else ever see one like this and do pieball deer have pure white hoofs. As soon as i get my GF camera ill be uploading some pics.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got Some PieBall??

I shot one like that in KY. Front hooves were white and socks on the lower front legs.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive never heard of a deer with white hooves before. cant wait to check the pictures out
Old 12-03-2008, 05:57 PM

Newguy here saw this post and wanted to comment on it. I done the same thing this year, a deer with white hooves. Never seen it before and the deer showed no signs of being piebald or albino other than its hooves. Here is a pic, anybody have any ideas what might cuz this?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I would say that has piebald in it.. There is a deer up here that used to be mostly piebald but has turn almost pure white after it's 3rd year.. I am not sure why that was but that's how it was..
Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed a piebaldin WV a while back with my bow that was all white except alongthe top of her back. It wascool, looked like you poured a pitcher of brown paintall along her spine and it ran down. Her head was swirled, white and brown. Legs were all white, but not the feet. Never seen one with white feet like that.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

my buddy shot a buck this year just liek that all of the hoovs and about 6 inches up were white..but nuthign els
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tmbghost

Newguy here saw this post and wanted to comment on it. I done the same thing this year, a deer with white hooves. Never seen it before and the deer showed no signs of being piebald or albino other than its hooves. Here is a pic, anybody have any ideas what might cuz this?
Thats exactly what mine look like on that doe, ill try to get the pics as soon as i can.