Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you see what I see?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you see what I see?

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Here is a zoomed in pic.

This picture changes things! I don't believe its a bobcat now.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 AM

I'm thinking by some of the responses here, that some of y'all have never seen a bobcat.

That is clearly not a bobcat.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed! That to me looks like a jaguar.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
New Sheriff

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Here is a zoomed in pic.

This picture changes things! I don't believe its a bobcat now.
agree.....NOT a bobcat.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

I think I am going to go with the wildlife biologists on this one. Two of them say its a Jaguarundi. Its a Jaguarundi.
Jaguaruni's have a solid coat, this one if zoomed in, clearly has spots. Jaguarundi's only weigh about 14lbs and this looks larger than that.
Only 14 pounds? I didn't know that. I assumed theywere much larger than that. I agree this cat looks muchbigger than 14 pounds.
Yea jaguarundi's are small. People make the assuption from hearing the name that they are big cats.... they look almost like a house cat. They're not big at all which makes it hard for me to believe when people say that alot of the time when people say they seen a cougar that they have actually only seen a jaguarundi.... they look nothing alike!!! They both have long tails but I can't imagine seeing a 14lb cat and thinking it's a 100lb cat.

As far as this picture goes maybe a Jaguar but I dont see it being anywhere big enough to be a Jag. I'm still gonna say it's a Bobcat. I think you all think a bobcats tail is like a rottweillers tail, not so. A bobcats tail can be 7 inches long. Take a good look at the pic again and then google bobcat images. I say is clearly a bobcat.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it. Animals show up in strance places. A polar bear was killed in central alaska, (polar bears normally dont venture more than 25 miles from ocean)... And my dads buddy caught a mountain lion on his trail cam in southern Ohio... (Brown County)..

Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not a Jaguar. Look at the head. A Jaguars head is very large. This cat has a small head, even smaller than a leopard or cougar.I seriously doubt there are any Jags in Alabama anyway. The cat in the picture is not even close to the size of a Jag. I have seen and killed many Bobcats. I have seen small ones and large ones. This is just a large Bobcat, IMO. Some of you guys are letting your imaginationsrun wild.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

As far as this picture goes maybe a Jaguar but I dont see it being anywhere big enough to be a Jag. I'm still gonna say it's a Bobcat. I think you all think a bobcats tail is like a rottweillers tail, not so. A bobcats tail can be 7 inches long. Take a good look at the pic again and then google bobcat images. I say is clearly a bobcat.
Same here. I have seen some long tails on Bobcats before, and this thing would be a cub still if it was a jaguar. Its only about 35- 40#'s.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Default live trap make nice attack cat at home

Code:

Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting. Can't say what it is, but it looks cat-like to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.