Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It is possible! Even in KS!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It is possible! Even in KS!

From what I've seen it doesnt have a huge affect here. A few non residents out, but mostly on public. And there appears to be plenty of public around that doesn't get hit.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to see non residents, head to Northern wisconsin.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

I don't go to other people's states and kill their deer. I kill my own deer. I wish everyone would adopt this policy. They could ban rifle hunting in Kansas for all I care. That would fix you out of staters.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny, you make it sound like you own the deer. Pay the money to buy a lease, they aren't that bad here.

Or, climb into your ground blind like the guy in front of me just did and grin and bear it. I'm on public tonight. Looking for a magnum.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James Vee

That's funny, you make it sound like you own the deer. Pay the money to buy a lease, they aren't that bad here.

Then why aren't you hunting in Wisconsin. I'm not making it seem like I own anything. I am making it seem like I am anti out of state hunter in Kansas because I am.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Ibelieve it, I have access to around 2000 acres of land in kansas (free of charge)not a bad amount huh?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Sorry to be a hater but I wish they would close KS to out of state hunters.
That's why they open the season on a Wednesday, so us local hunters can get some hunting in before all the out-of-starters come in for the weekend.....
Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

Darn it, you're killing me!!! I am stuck at college and this is the first year that I have ever missed the KS rifle opener....[&:] My dad saw a couple little bucks this morning, but nothing worth shooting...
That wind that we had yesterday for the opener would have gotten old fast.
Yeah, that's for sure. I talked to my dad at 11:00am and he had just gotten out of the blind to go get his lunch and then go back and sit for the rest of the day. He went back for a while, then decided that rather than sit for the rest of the day, he would leave for a couple hours and come back around 2:30pm and sit until dark. When he came back to the blind to sit, there were 2 bucks(he didn't say how big) standing in front of it....LOL. I think tomorrow, he might sit all day....
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

ORIGINAL: James Vee

Then why aren't you hunting in Wisconsin. I'm not making it seem like I own anything. I am making it seem like I am anti out of state hunter in Kansas because I am.
I'll be buying a tag and hunting in the morning
Old 12-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez Rory!!! You're killing me!!!! Lay off!!!![][:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.