Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 i got busted............now what? >

i got busted............now what?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i got busted............now what?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i got busted............now what?

yeah i LOVEEEEEEEEEEE smart people
Old 12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

i think this deer was very smart becasue the instant i moved he stared me down.
like there was a couple times he stopped looking at me and i moved very slowly and then he stared at me again. can i move slowly if hes staring at me? what does it mean if he stomps?
Busted big time due to movement, what was the wind direction and how high are you in your stand ?
Everybody who hunts has been busted. If a deer sees you and stares you down he will act like going back to normal when he looks down and then back up to you to see movement or a configuration that wasn't here before. His body language will dictate to you the level of threat they feel. Stomping is a way they try to get you to move and when they start walking stiff legged with the ears back, your just SOL. A bow shot is usually impossible when there alert like this and will jump a string almost all the time .
I would most definitely move the stand, he may be going to and from in the same direction but he will possibly take a different trail. Learn how to read his footprints and characteristics that you can read the difference between that deer tracks and others. This is one of the reasons they call it hunting. Good Luck.

Bobby

Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will try and do that thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Predators tend to have botheyes in front oftheir headto have better depth perception for hunting prey. Prey tend to have eyes on the sides of their head to have a greater field of view for detecting predators. Deer can eat off the groundand look around them at the same time.