Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

land owner

Old 11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: land owner

All good points,,,, I've been hunting this one guys land for 10 years. We have always talked about what to take. This year he said no does, ok I said. Oct. 5th a button buck and the doe came in early, the button was limping bad, I glassed him, and saw his one hoof was gone, completly gone. So I took it, good kill, 20 yard shot, went 30 or 40 yards, and down. He freeked, I thought I did the right thing. He said what same of you guys are saying, My land My rules. So what,, was I wrong or what?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 PM

Its not even questionable.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

You obey the landowners rules or hit the highway. However, in the instance of taking out a crippled deer that is an ethical choice.If he still freaked out i would tell him to shove his rules up his butt and hit the highway.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

His land - his rules.

Steve

Agreed.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without question it is the landowner's right to dictate terms
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

You obey the landowners rules or hit the highway. However, in the instance of taking out a crippled deer that is an ethical choice.If he still freaked out i would tell him to shove his rules up his butt and hit the highway.
You don't have the right to say anything to him. He is allowing you to hunt his property. It's his rules. I can understandwanting to take an injured deer, but it's not your place to do so, even if it is ethical. As a landowner, I would not be upset if a guest killed an injured deer, but some landowners may be. You have to respect the wishes of the landowner. The landowner has the say soon what canor can't bekilled. I would hope though that most landowners would understand his decision on taking the injured deer. One less button buck is not going to destroy the deer herd.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

To the contrary, I have the right to speak my mind no matter where I am at. Like I said, his land, his rules. But if he got his panties in a wad over shooting a crippled animal, then he is the type of person who needs a nice "talking to" on my way out of there.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course. He owns it, he owns all the rights to it. You only have the rights he allows you.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Is it even a question?

That said, he/she should share with you the ground rules prior to your going out. If you're leasing land from him/her, their rules need to be clearly stated prior to your signing the lease. Otherwise, they get to move the goal posts while the field goal is in the air (little football analogy for you).
Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

To the contrary, I have the right to speak my mind no matter where I am at. Like I said, his land, his rules. But if he got his panties in a wad over shooting a crippled animal, then he is the type of person who needs a nice "talking to" on my way out of there.
I agree, you have the right to speak your mind,but you also have to respect his wishes. He may deserve a talking to on your way out, but it's still his property and he can do and say what he wants. Like I said, most landowners would understand the situation and be fine with it, including myself.

Quick Reply: land owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.