Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price? >

Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price?

Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price?

ive had a rem 1100 22 years and use it for small game,big game,trap,and waterfowl. never had a better gun,cant go wrong
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price?

being someone who has 42 guns,been at it for 47 years, i would get a BERETTA URICKA FIELD in 28 inch barrel.

they list from 800/900.

now, you might say,SPROUL WHY SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON SHOTGUN.

most likely you will have it all your life.

as you get older, guns get HEAVIER.

when you are young,anything will work..

BERETTA will feel lighter,balance better, handle better than any mossberg, remington, etc.

BENILLI/FRANCHI are also good too.

now, BERETTA WILL cost about 400 dollars more than others.

but its worth every penny and they dont lose their value.

i bought a car for 25,000,after 5 years, its worth 9,000.

i bought a honda motorcycle for 8,000.after 2 years its worth 4,000.

you buy a BERETTA for 800 dollars or so, in 5 years it will be worth 800 dollars or more.

if you are not going to have your shotgun all your life, then get the others, if you want a shotgun that is best and you will feel it, trust me on that,then BERETTA is your boy.

for extra 400 dollars, its worth it.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

Mossberg, because they are the most durable and dependable shotgun i have ever owned.
X2 if you want reliability after a guns been dropped in the mud, water, and everything else has been done to it, get a mossberg. very reliable and shoots well too.,
Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the good post sproulman. My own personal choice is benelli semiautos. I was just thinking that usually when someone asks for advise on here,they're usually at a certain level budget.

ORIGINAL: sproulman

being someone who has 42 guns,been at it for 47 years, i would get a BERETTA URICKA FIELD in 28 inch barrel.

they list from 800/900.

now, you might say,SPROUL WHY SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON SHOTGUN.

most likely you will have it all your life.

as you get older, guns get HEAVIER.

when you are young,anything will work..

BERETTA will feel lighter,balance better, handle better than any mossberg, remington, etc.

BENILLI/FRANCHI are also good too.

now, BERETTA WILL cost about 400 dollars more than others.

but its worth every penny and they dont lose their value.

i bought a car for 25,000,after 5 years, its worth 9,000.

i bought a honda motorcycle for 8,000.after 2 years its worth 4,000.

you buy a BERETTA for 800 dollars or so, in 5 years it will be worth 800 dollars or more.

if you are not going to have your shotgun all your life, then get the others, if you want a shotgun that is best and you will feel it, trust me on that,then BERETTA is your boy.

for extra 400 dollars, its worth it.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

thank u for the great feedback...i am not decided yet so keep them comin
Old 11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is true, but i see people on here that dont want to pay much for shotgun BUT they go out and buy a chevy truck loaded for 35,000.00,then in 5 years truck is worth 15,000.00

i can understand not having money difference of 300/400 dollars but ITS NOT THAT MUCH.

its pocket change when you compare to what we spend our money foolishly on other things and have nothing to show for it.

i blew 80 dollars last month on lottery tickets for example.

my brother smokes 80 dollars a month in cigs.

if we would watch our money for a year, its easy to come up with money to buy best shotguns out there.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I would say that if you looking for a good gun for the money you should buy a mossberg 500. They a a stout gun for less than 300 dollars and most time you get the slug barrow with it. Also it is a lot cheaper to put a scope on it. That rem. 870 is a good gun but you will pay for it. So if you want the bust gun for less money go with a mossberg. Give it look and see you will be serprised the web site is mossberg.com. (LOOK)
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of guns can fit what you are looking for. Ithaca model 37 is a rock solid gun, you can pick one up used for a decent price. The new ones are VERY expensive, though. 870's are a great pump, I have 2 Mossberg 500's. They are very utilitarian, and I have had a few minor issues with them. I would not hesitate to buy another, though. Good price and performance.

If you go semi auto, Winchester Super X2 is a nice gun. Remington 1100 and 1187 both are good guns that will last a lifetime if maintained well. I will say this, buy what you want, save upthe extra moneyif you have to. Don't settle, you'll wish you hadn't.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price

remington 870. period.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price

Get an 870 Express combo. You will be set for deer or fowl. I think the 3 1/2" is a bit of overkill unless you are an absolute goose fanatic. Just get the 3". They run about $400.

Bob

Quick Reply: Does anyoen have any suggestions on a new 12 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun, for a decent price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.