Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the deer at my patch

Old 11-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Spike

Default the deer at my patch

boy i tell ya i must have some stupid deer i shot at a 4point this weekend and missed and he stood there for a minute before bolting. few years ago my cousin hunted in my patch killed himself a nice big doe and she was with a bunch of other does and when he shot her she just stood there and soo did all the others till she fell over and let out a call.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the deer at my patch

sounds like you have deer that like to cooperate. don't complain...wish i had them do that once in a while.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnbt16

boy i tell ya i must have some stupid deer i shot at a 4point this weekend and missed and he stood there for a minute before bolting. few years ago my cousin hunted in my patch killed himself a nice big doe and she was with a bunch of other does and when he shot her she just stood there and soo did all the others till she fell over and let out a call.
So you shot, missed, and the deer stood there for a minute? No more shots?? I wouldn't call the deer stupid.........
Old 11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: johnbt16

So you shot, missed, and the deer stood there for a minute? No more shots?? I wouldn't call the deer stupid.........
That funny sound that deer was making while he stood there....Thats the sound of a deer laughing at you....

I know I have heard it plenty!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

If the deer can't wind you and have never seen a hunter before, then they probably won't run unless you make quick movements. I had 2 does come back and look at me 3 times (within 15-20 yards) because they probably had no idea what I was. On the third time, I shot one of them because I had one more tag and I new it was the last day I would get to hunt. As far as the rifleshots are concerned, they probably had no idea where it came from and didn't associate you with the sound. I doubt you would get similar chances on a 5 1/2 year old buck.....